Pasadena City College, Home of the PCC Lancers

Now accepting applications for fall 2015, apply today!

Who is Eligible for EOP&S?

  • Be a resident of California,
  • Be enrolled full-time (12 units),
  • Qualify to receive a Board of Governors Grant (BOGG A or B),
  • Be educationally disadvantaged:
    • Not recommended to enroll in degree applicable English or Math classes
    • Does not have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
    • High school G.P.A. below 2.5
    • Previously enrolled in remedial English or Math classes
    • Must not have completed 70 or more units of college course work

Services Available

Counseling Services

  • Assessment, academic, vocational and personal counseling
  • Student Educational Plan development
  • Assistance with academic and financial aid petitions
  • Referral to other student services and/or community agencies

Instructional Support Services
Textbook assistance (Book Vouchers)

Financial Assistance:
Application fee waivers for the CSU and UC

C.A.R.E. Program (Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education): The C.A.R.E. program is a state funded program to assist EOP&S single parents with children under the age of fourteen who would like to attend college on a full-time basis. C.A.R.E. provides such services as counseling, grant aid to assist with child care expenses while taking college classes. Additional services include: Academic & Self Development workshops and Textbook assistance.

PCC EOP&S Application Process Checklist

  • Complete New Student Online Orientation at
  • Take the English or ESL and math placement exams. Prepare for exams at
  • Complete and submit EOP&S Application. Applications will be accepted February 24-May 02, 2014*. *200 spaces available for new students (Based on State Funding). Applications are available at the EOP&S Office. Students who are accepted to the program will be required to attend an EOP&S Group Orientation Session.
  • Submit your High School Transcripts and all prior college transcripts.
  • Complete and file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at
  • Apply for a Board of Governors Grant (BOGG). Applications are available at the EOP&S Office and online at (Must be submitted to Financial Aid, L114 for processing).
  • Enroll full-time (12 units) at PCC. If you are in the DSP&S Program, this does not apply (Submit current SEC).