Applications Accepted Beginning February 24 - May 02 2014
Who is Eligible for EOP&S?
- Be a resident of California,
- Be enrolled full-time (12 units),
- Qualify to receive a Board of Governors Grant (BOGG A or B),
- Be educationally disadvantaged:
- Not recommended to enroll in degree applicable English or Math classes
- Does not have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- High school G.P.A. below 2.5
- Previously enrolled in remedial English or Math classes
- Must not have completed 70 or more units of college course work
- Assessment, academic, vocational and personal counseling
- Student Educational Plan development
- Assistance with academic and financial aid petitions
- Referral to other student services and/or community agencies
Instructional Support Services
Textbook assistance (Book Vouchers)
Application fee waivers for the CSU and UC
C.A.R.E. Program (Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education): The C.A.R.E. program is a state funded program to assist EOP&S single parents with children under the age of fourteen who would like to attend college on a full-time basis. C.A.R.E. provides such services as counseling, grant aid to assist with child care expenses while taking college classes. Additional services include: Academic & Self Development workshops and Textbook assistance.
PCC EOP&S Application Process Checklist
- EOPS_Student_Petition at www.pasadena.edu/apply. Applications will be accepted for spring 2014 beginning February 24, 2014.
- Complete New Student Online Orientation at www.pasadena.edu/orientation.
- Take the English or ESL and math placement exams. Prepare for exams at www.pasadena.edu/placement.
- Complete and submit EOP&S Application. Applications will be accepted February 24-May 02, 2014*. *200 spaces available for new students (Based on State Funding). Applications are available at the EOP&S Office. Students who are accepted to the program will be required to attend an EOP&S Group Orientation Session.
- Submit your High School Transcripts and all prior college transcripts.
- Complete and file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Apply for a Board of Governors Grant (BOGG). Applications are available at the EOP&S Office and online at www.pasadena.edu/studentservices/financialaid (Must be submitted to Financial Aid, L114 for processing).
- Enroll full-time (12 units) at PCC. If you are in the DSP&S Program, this does not apply (Submit current SEC).
EOP&S and C.A.R.E Applications and Forms: