PASS Eligibility Requirements
In order to qualify to be in PASS, an applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident and prove at least ONE of the following criteria set forth by the U.S. Department of Education:
- Be a Low-Income student based on federal income guidelines. OR
- Be a First Generation college student. This means that neither of your parents (natural or adoptive) have a Bachelors degree. OR
- Have a verified Disability that limits your ability to fully participate in the educational process at PCC.
In addition to the above criteria, applicants must be highly motivated in their education and have a plan to graduate with an Associate degree and/or transfer to a four-year institution and have one or more of the following academic needs:
- Currently taking 400-level or 100-level Math and/or English courses
- Have a high school or college GPA below a 2.50
- Currently on Academic Probation at PCC
- Have multiple withdrawals ("W") in degree or transfer required courses
- Have difficulty passing basic skills or transfer level courses
- Been out of school for more than 5 years
PASS Student Learning Outcomes/Support Services Outcomes:
- As a result of receiving services from PASS, participants will persist in their studies to the next academic year.
- As a result of receiving services from PASS, participants will remain in good academic standing at the end of each academic year.
- As a result of receiving services from PASS, participants will either graduate or transfer to a four-year college or university within 3 years of their admission into the program.
Please stop by our office in D-112 to pick up an application.
Don't wait....your success starts today!!