Early High School Testing Program
The Assessment Services Office provides placement testing for English, ESL and math course placement for high school seniors at in-district high schools in the Pasadena Area Community College District (PACCD) each spring semester. The following high schools participate in the Early High School Testing Program below. The Outreach, Degree and Transfer Services Office conducts regular visits at the high school sites and provides information on Pasadena City College programs and services that are available (See Calendar).
- Arcadia High School
- Arroyo High School
- Blair High School
- CIS Academy
- John Muir High School
- La Canada High School
- Marshall Fundamental High School
- Pasadena High School
- Rose City High School
- Rosemead High School
- San Marino High School
- South Pasadena High School
- Temple City High School
- December 2, 2013: Complete the PCC Admissions Application for Fall 2013 at your high school site. Please contact your high school Counselor to sign-up. Students can also apply online. Applications will also be accepted after December 2, 2013 as well.
- January 2014 - February 2014: Complete a Pre-Assessment Workshop and Study Session (PAWS) to prepare to take the placement exams and take the English and/or ESL and math placement exams at your high school (In-District). The Learning Assistance Center will be conducting Pre-Assessment Workshops and Study Sessions (PAWS) to prepare students to take the placement exams. The PAWS workshops will be held one week before the placement testing date/time.
The workshops are run by student mentors who have taken the placement test in the past and have been successful at PCC. Students will learn what to expect on the tests and how to prepare for them. Please contact your high school Counselor to sign-up.
- Students who are unable to take the placement exam at their high school campus can also take it at the Assessment Services Office at PCC. The office is located in Building D Room 205.
- Bring your LancerPoint ID Number (Listed on the emailed PCC Admission Notice), a Valid Photo ID (High School ID, Driver's License, Passport, etc.) and pencil for testing. The New Student Online Orientation must also be completed before the testing session.
Out of District High Schools
- Out of district high school Counselors may request to arrange a special group testing session to be held on the PCC campus . Please contact the Supervisor of the Assessment Services Office, Denise Carter at email@example.com or 626-585-7806 for further information.