|Mon - Thu||8:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.||Location: L104T|| |
|Fri||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||Location: L104T|| |
How Can Advisors Help You?
We will provide you with the results of your English, ESL, Math, and/or Chemistry assessments. Results are available for pick-up one hour after you complete your assessment. A photo ID is required. We maintain strict confidentiality; therefore we may only give results to the student who tested.
We will grant approval for enrollment into courses with prerequisites for students who present evidence of eligibility.
- Official or unofficial transcripts from previous colleges are accepted as proof, as long as they provide the following:
- college/university name
- student's name
- course and grade (without manipulation on the transcript )
- Obtaining a Prerequisite Clearance:
- Preferred: Meet with the advisor in L-104T with documents as listed above.
- Alternate: If unable to meet in person, fax documents and completed cover sheet per instructions on the Prerequisite Clearance Request Cover Sheet.
Prerequisite course in process or final grades not published?
- Registering for courses before prerequisite PCC course final grade is available:
- Come to advisement to have your mid-term marks confirmed.
- If the mid-term mark is passing, the student will be able to register for the next course in the sequence.
- If the mark is sub-standard at mid-term, the student will need a letter from the instructor at registration time indicating that they are passing. The advisor will clear the student to enroll in the next course in the sequence.
- Registering for courses before completing a prerequisite course at another institution:
- bring a signed letter from your instructor, on college letterhead, indicating that you are passing the class.
- the advisor will clear you to enroll in the next course in the sequence.
Do I Need a Counseling Appointment?
Unsure about whether you need to see a counselor? We will answer quick questions and advise you to see a counselor if needed.