Welcome to Counseling & Career Services
Armando Duran, Interim Associate Dean, Counseling & Student Services
|Mon - Thu||8:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.||Location: L104T|
|Fri||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||Location: L104T|
Dedicated To Student Success
Counselors at Pasadena City College facilitate the attainment of lifelong learning skills that advance our students' personal, academic, and career goals. We promote the self awareness and self reliance necessary for success in education and other life activities.
To accomplish this mission, counselors provide the following services:
- Structured, flexible Student Educational Plans based on your specific needs
- Assistance with short and long term goal setting
- Assistance with career planning
- Interpretation of assessment results and course recommendations
- Certificate, degree, and transfer requirements
- Unofficial transcript evaluations of previous college coursework, and referrals to the PCC evaluators for official evaluations as needed
- Information about transfer majors and major preparation requirements
- Referrals to campus learning resources and appropriate support services
- Personal and crisis counseling
We hope that, through this collaboration, you will be able to:
- Make informed educational decisions to achieve your goals
- Identify and utilize resources that will assist you in achieving your goals
- And, feel personally acknowledged, valued, connected, and more aware of your potential to achieve your goals
Keep in mind that while counselors advise, the responsibility for meeting graduation requirements, course prerequisites, and requirements for transfer to other colleges or universities must be assumed by each student.
This information is in PDF format. The freely available Adobe® Acrobat® Reader is required. To download a free copy click here.