Who is Eligible for EOP&S?
Program Eligibility - New Students
- Must be a resident of California
- Qualify for a Board of Governors Grant (BOGG) A or B (fee waiver)
- Must be educationally disadvantaged:
- Not recommended to enroll in degree applicable English or Math classes
- Does not have a high school diploma or GED,
- High School G.P.A. below 2.5 or,
- Previously enrolled in remedial English or Math classes
- Be enrolled full-time (12 units)
- Must not have completed 70 or more units of college course work. Once 70 units have been completed or six consecutive semesters, students will be exited from the program. Some majors are approved for over 70 units, please speak with EOP&S/CARE Counselor for details.
Applying to Program
Fall 2013 New EOP&S Student Application Cycle has Closed.
- Apply Online for Admission to PCC
- Complete the New Student Online Orientation
- Take the English or ESL and math placement exams. First-time college students are required to take the exams. All students should Review for the Exams, before taking them to receive the highest course placement possible.
- Complete and submit an application at EOP&S office L107. Applications accepted beginning February 28, 2013 - May 10, 2013 for the fall 2013 semester. Due to program funding limitations, applications will be accepted on a first-come first served basis. 200 spaces are available.
- Apply for a Board of Govenor's Grant Fee Waiver (applications available in EOP&S, to be submitted at Financial Aid, L114).
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Application Processing Information
- First 200 students identified as eligible for the program for the fall 2013 term, will receive a Welcome Email in the summer.
- Once the first 200 spaces are filled, an email will be sent indicating that all spaces have been filled. The next application cycle will occur in the spring 2014 semester (Date TBA) for fall 2014 consideration.