Students Rights and Responsibilities
Students receiving financial aid at Pasadena City College must be aware of their rights and responsibilities.
You have the responsibility to:
- complete the application for financial aid accurately
- meet deadlines as published.
- respond promptly and return all requested additional documentation, verification, corrections, or new information to Pasadena City College.
- report accurate personal information for financial aid to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- report any additional financial resources available to you to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- meet and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards set forth by the Office of Scholarshipsand Financial Aid.
- enroll in a degree or certificate program, or take transferable courses leading to a Baccalaureate degree at a fouryear
- repay any Federal aid disbursed to you, should you completely withdraw from PCC within the first 9 weeks
(60%) of the semester (deadlines are earlier for Summer and Winter intersessions).
- repay PCC for any overpayment made to you through financial aid funds.
- repay student loan(s) promptly, or contact the College prior to the due date if loan payments cannot be made for
You have the right to:
- receive information about Pasadena City College, including:
- cost of attendance,
- refund policies,
academic progress requirements
- and financial aid programs.
- receive information regarding Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- how the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid determines whether you are
maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in order to remain eligible for Federal aid at PCC,
- and what
happens if you are not.
- receive policies and procedures used to award/revise your
financial aid package as used by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- petition the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid regarding any decision on your student aid eligibility, or
disqualificationof student financial aid.
- request an evaluation on your financial aid eligibility based on you or your family’s exceptional circumstances.