Student Consumer Information
Federal and State law requires Pasadena City College to provide current and prospective students with information about the college. The links below provide convenient access to this information.
Pasadena City College's Profile and Statistics
- Statistical information and Pasadena City College's profile are available on the National Center for Education Statistics web site. This is a comprehensive site maintained by the U.S. Department of Education which provides information about PCC and other colleges such as:
More Pasadena City College Statistics can be found at PCC's Factsheet page
- General campus information
- Student Race/ethnicity and gender
- Program completion
- Retention Rates
- Overall graduation rate and transfer-out programs/majors
The Institutional Research page provides links to a number of studies on PCC's effectiveness. Also linked on this page is general reporting on student progress and achievement
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- According to the U.S. Department of Education:
Parents and students put their trust in the stewards of education data to ensure students' personal information is properly safeguarded and is used only for legitimate purposes and only when absolutely necessary. The Department deeply values this trust and strives to ensure it is doing all it can do to protect the privacy of our students as the uses of their data to improve education increase.
- Pasadena City College FERPA policy statement can be found on the Admissions and Records main page
Academics and Student Life
- Admissions and Records
- Pasadena City College currently offers more than 70 certificate programs in 37 different subject areas. The programs and the requirements for successful completion are available on-line and in the Career and Technical Education Handbook
- The Classes & Academics page will give you access to many useful sites such as
- The College provides not only required text books but also kits for special programs, and is your source for Pasadena City College T-Shirts, Sweat Shirts, and other great wear
- The Shatford Library is committed to providing quality services and resources for Pasadena City College's diverse community and residents of the Pasadena Area Community College District
- Campus policy on the use of copyrighted materials is found under the "Student Right to Know" link within the Schedule of classes page (linked above). More detailed information concerning Student Conduct and Academic Honesty, along with much more (such as the policy on substance abuse on page 2 of that document), is available on the Institutional Effectiveness web site
International Transcript Acceptance Policy
Pasadena City College (PCC) will grant elective credit only, not specific course credit, 70 units maximum, towards the traditional (not transfer option) Associate In Arts Degree and/or Associate In Science Degree if the courses were lower division and taken at an accredited international institution. Students seeking credit must have their transcripts evaluated by one of the evaluation companies listed below. The evaluation must include a course-by-course review which determines semester unit value, grade, and lower/upper division breakdown.
IMPORTANT: If the student is not planning to earn a traditional Associate Degree from PCC and only wants to transfer to a 4-year institution, then he/she should not follow these steps. 4-year institutions have their own foreign evaluators and will do their own foreign evaluations.
Students must request and pay for an evaluation of their international transcripts through one of the following list of agencies. (Please be advised that PCC is not affiliated with the following agencies but you may use this list as a resource.)
- ACEI — ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS EVALUATION INSTITUTE, INC.
P.O. BOX 6908
BEVERLY HILLS, CA 90212
PHONE (310) 275-3530 FAX (310) 275-3528
- AERC — AMERICAN EDUCATION RESEARCH CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 996
WEST COVINA, CA 91793
PHONE (626) 339-4404 FAX (626) 339-9081 www.aerc-eval.com
- IERF — INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION RESEARCH FOUNDATION, INC.
P.O. BOX 66940
LOS ANGELES, CA90066
PHONE 310) 390-6276 FAX (310) 397-7686 E-mail: email@example.com www.ierf.org
The service will then send PCC an official evaluation report. As with any other college transcript, the student will see a counselor and the counselor will submit a "Request for Transcript Evaluation" form to the Evaluations Office. Upon completion, the evaluation will be available for the counselor and student to review.
Credit is not granted for the following areas towards the Associate Degree:
WRITTEN EXPRESSION COMPETENCY
Pasadena City College offers an extensive list of athletic programs. The site also includes a comprehensive list of athletic events
- Participation in athletic programs is first determined via the Eligibility Guidelines
- The Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE) offers a page where athletics statistics are available. On the right side click the link that says Get Data for one Institution and then enter "Pasadena City College" in the first entry box. Then click on the Pasadena City College link presented. The next page will have tabs where the number of participants per sport can be found; finances per team are listed under the Revenues and Expenses tab via a table which presents a breakdown per gender and a total or summary column. Alternatively, the data is available in collective downloadable zip files which contain several file formats, each of which has information for all nationally participating colleges and universities
- Alternatively, team participation statistics and other statistics are available on the Scholarships.com site
- Note: Pasadena City College does not participate in any athletically-related financial aid programs
Public Safety and Health Services
Student Grievance and Complaint Process