Pasadena City College, Home of the PCC Lancers

Financial Aid and Study Abroad Programs

Pasadena City College participates in federal and state financial aid programs to assist students and their families with educational expenses. Financial assistance is available for participation in a study abroad program, however, financial aid is not a guarantee and the amount is dependent on a student's financial need. To be considered for financial aid, a study abroad student must:

  1. Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on line
  2. Be enrolled in an eligible program and pursuing a degree objective at PCC
  3. Maintain satisfactory academic progress
  4. Not be in default or owe a repayment on federal loans and grants
  5. Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
  6. Register with Selective Service and not have a recent drug conviction
  7. Adhere to all study abroad and financial aid deadlines


All deposits and payments are the responsibility of the participant. Students are encouraged to maintain contact with the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid for information regarding their status.


The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will complete forms presented to study abroad participants by program agencies. Any amount given on these forms is only an estimate of what we believe the student is eligible to receive. To estimate the amount of financial aid, the applicant must have a completed and valid financial aid application on file with the PCC Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. If it is later determined that the student does not qualify for all or a portion of the estimated amount, the student is responsible for any amount owed to the study abroad agency.

Normally, disbursements occur at the beginning of each semester. Student loan (Direct Loan) disbursements are paid at least twice during an enrollment period. Financial aid is not available for periods that include summer and/or winter sessions.

If a student loan does not meet all of the requirements established by the study abroad program, its agencies or the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, no funds will be disbursed. The PCC Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid is not responsible for participant refunds.

Financial Aid Programs

Depending on eligibility, all financial aid programs (except Federal Work-Study) can be utilized to study abroad.

Frequently Asked Questions

The following are some of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) from students participating in study abroad programs.

Will financial aid cover everything?

No. Financial aid is a supplement and only covers costs related to educational expenses. Those costs are: fees, books and supplies, a reasonable amount for room and board, transportation, and miscellaneous expenses.

How much financial aid can I receive?

The amount of financial aid can vary from student-to-student or family-to-family.  In order to determine the amount of financial aid you can receive, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You may apply via the internet at

When your FAFSA is processed, the U.S. Department of Education calculates what you and your family is expected to contribute to your education or you Expected Family Contribution (EFC). This formula is what the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will use to determine how much financial aid you can receive. The amount of aid you receive is contingent upon your level of enrollment. A minimum of six units are required per semester to qualify for most aid programs.


What if my circumstances change after I file the FAFSA?

You may be eligible for a recalculation of your contribution based on special circumstances such as change or loss of employment, or unusual medical, dental expenses.

Who is my Financial Aid Interviewer?

Your Financial Aid Interviewer is assigned based on your last name (see below).  
Financial Aid Interviewers are available Monday-Friday 9:00 am-12 noon and 2:00pm-4:00pm

Last Name Financial Aid Interviewer Last Name Financial Aid Interviewer
A-D Anita Sum L-P Han Dao
E-K Elizabeth Garcia Q-Z Rebecca Arden
When will I be notified about how much financial aid I receive and when will I get it?

It will take approximately three weeks to receive notification after you submit a completed financial aid application. Most students who work closely with their Financial Aid Interviewer receive their funds at the beginning of the semester or just before their departure date.

Will financial aid pay the deposit?

No. All payments are the responsibility of the student.

What could delay the disbursement of my financial aid funds?

The most common delay is Satisfactory Academic Progress. Before you receive notification of an award, we must determine if you are making Satisfactory Academic Progress and are enrolled at PCC as a regular student. We review each student's grade point average (GPA), unit completion rate and the number of units attempted. For more information regarding academic progress, please please see Terms & Conditions of Financial Aid award under Finanical Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.

May I receive financial aid for summer or winter study abroad programs?

With the exception of the Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW), PCC does not provide financial aid for the summer or winter. We recommend that interested students enrolled in the previous fall and spring terms complete the FAFSA for financial aid consideration during either of those terms. Prior term eligibility is subject to applicable processing deadlines.

What is PCC's Federal School Code?

Pasadena City Colleges Federal School Code is 001261