Wireless Access to the Internet
The campus offers free wireless Internet to all students. Wireless access is generally available around the entire campus, with main access point in the Library, Quad, and most buildings.
To access the wireless network you will need:
laptop computer (or other wireless-enabled device) that is configured to
wireless network interface card compatible with the Wi-Fi standard (The
Library supports IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g and IEEE 802.11n)
How do I connect to the wireless network?
on your laptop or wireless-enabled device.
to the PCC_Campus wireless network
a browser, such as Internet Explorer or Safari.
are now connected!
- NOTE: Macintosh Airport connection: If you already have an established Airport connection, the Airport may not properly establish a DHCP IP for PCC_Campus. To correct this:
- turn Airport off
- open Systems Preferences and choose Network
- click on Airport from the list and make sure the top drop downs say Location: Automatic and Show: Airport
- making sure the Airport tab is selected, "you will see preferred network list with "PCC_Campus" or "PCC WiFi." Select it and click on the minus (-) sign below the box to remove it from the preferred networks list
- click on the second of tab called "TCP/IP" and make sure "Configure IPv4:" says "Using DHCP." Then press "Apply Now"
- go to the Airport icon & menu at the top right of the screen and "Turn Airport On". Wait at least 10 seconds and go to the same Airport menu and select PCC_Campus
- For detailed instructions with screenshots see the Macintosh Ariport step by step instructions.
- Do not disturb other people near you. Wear headphones or
turn off (mute) the volume on your laptop.
printing is currently not available via the wireless network.
can use any available power outlet to plug in your laptop.
do not unplug any equipment to access a power outlet.
outlets can be found on the Library floor covered by a brass faceplate.
of 3rd floor study carrels on
the north side of the Library (bay window) are wired with power outlets.
- Outside outlets are available in the Quad.
All users are bound by the PCC Acceptable Use of Electronic Resources policy when utilizing the wireless network.
Users are expected to use the wireless network in a responsible manner, consistent with the educational and informational purposes for which it is provided. You are subject to the normal requirements of legal and ethical behavior within the college community even though you are using a personal computer. Failure to comply with PCC policies and regulations will be handled in accordance with the College's disciplinary policy.