Ujima Country Living: Brian Chatman and Tim Smith
The following contract explains the type of expectations that we have for you as a member of Ujima:
- Student must schedule a minimum of two appointments each semester to meet with the Program Coordinator or Ujima Counselor for revised Educational Plans and Student Progress Checks.
- Students must be enrolled in the sequence of Ujima Courses for the Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring semesters.
- Students must have positive attendance and participation in the Ujima Club and all Ujima cohort courses ( English 400/100/1A, Math 450/402/125/131/Transferable Math and Counseling 10/11/12/17)
- Must be willing to exhibit the principle of Ujima (Collective Work and Responsiblity) thoughout in all courses and beyond the classroom.
- Students must meet all of the requirements stipulated in order to participate in the Ujima Program College and Culture Tour (previous trip locations include, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Chicago, San Diego)
- Students must be willing to participate in Ujima Program activities that may, on occasion extend beyond the campus and classroom hours
- Students must be dedicated and willing to grow and participate in the Ujima club.
- Students commit to succeed in life and to become leaders in their community, academic, professional, social and personal endeavors.
- Students must be willing to take personal responsibility for their choices and work towards growth and improvement in all areas of life.
- Ujima students and staff work together as a community working towards Ujima students' success.
- Students must be aware the Ujima is a privilege and not a right!
Ujima Students at UCLA for Applied Health Fair