Acceptable File Types
Graphic file formats:
- GIF (Graphic Interchange format) files
Good for logos, transparent background, text images, two-color graphics,
exported vector images and line arts. May also be used as an animated
graphic (but must be a small file size; maximum of approx.
|gif1.gif - 1KB
||gif2.gif - 3KB
||gif3.gif - 3KB
- JPG/JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group) files
Use for continuous tone images such as photographs, textures and gradients.
|jpg1.jpg - 3KB
||jpg2.jpg - 2KB
||jpg3.jpg - 3KB
- PNG (Portable Network Graphic) files
Will not work on older platforms and browsers; but it will support contious
tone images, better interlacing.
Multimedia file formats:
*must be approved by New Media Center web coordinator. Contact by
e-mail or by phone (626)585-7731.
- Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
Export documents to Portable Document Files (PDF) to be shared with
students and colleagues.
- Flash (.swf)
Create vector-based animation, interactive tools and dynamic contents
through Macromedia Flash.
- Quicktime (.mov)
Export movies to be shown to the web through Quicktime.
- Shockwave (.dcr)
For interactive contents such as gaming and activities.
- For other file formats, please consult the web
Not acceptable files:
- Photoshop files (.psd)
- Scanned files (.tif, .tiff)
- Windows Metafiles - MS Office Cliparts (.wmf)
- Powerpoint presentation (.ppt)
- Exexcutable files (.exe, .app)