Honors Transfer Program
The PCC Honors Transfer Program provides highly motivated students with an intellectually challenging educational experience designed to prepare them for a successful transition from community college to university.
The program offers a special sections of a wide variety of courses that fulfill general education requirements for Transfer. These Honors classes are open only to students admitted to the program and offer a variety of special opportunities, including student research, special field trips, service learning and other enhanced learning enrichment.
In addition, Honors Transfer Program students receive support services from specially designated counselors and a faculty coordinator at PCC. Honors students begin to forge links with the transfer institutions by attending special orientation programs at the universities and meeting with university faculty, counselors, and students.
The program includes:
- a partnership between Pasadena City College and UCLA (Transfer
Alliance Program) which guarantees priority consideration for admission
to the UCLA College of Letters and Science at the junior level.
- a partnership between Pasadena City College and Pomona College (PATH-Pomona
Agreement for Transfer Honors) which offers priority consideration for
- a partnership between Pasadena City College and UCR (HART-Honors
Alliance for Riverside Transfers) which guarantees admission. (For those
selecting majors in biology, business administration, and engineering,
additional admission requirements must be completed.)
- a partnership between Pasadena City College and Occidental College
(Preferred Admission Agreement) which gives preferred consideration for
- a partnership between Pasadena City College and UC Irvine (Honors
Transfer Program) which guarantees priority consideration for admission
to UCI at the junior level.
To be accepted into the program student must:
- Be eligible for English 1a
- Have an (unweighted) High School GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Have a college GPA of 3.2 or higher with more than 12 units
To successfully complete the program, students must:
- Download and complete an Honors Transfer Program application using the link below and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org or as a hard copy to C309. Applications are accepted year round.
- Attend one of the required program orientations
- Meet with one of the Honors counselors to complete an Education plan.
- Complete at least one Honors course each semester with a final grade of B or better for a total of 15 units. No more than two (2) Honors Transfer Program classes can be taken in the last semester prior to transfer.
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.2 (3.5 for Occidental College and Pomona College).
- Complete all pre-major and general education admission requirements set by the transfer institution.
- Participate regularly in Honors Program workshops on transfer, research and other topics
Honors Transfer Program classes are only offered during the Fall and Spring semesters.
An Honors application and list of current Scholars classes are available using the links below.
Honors Transfer Program Application
Honors Transfer Program Classes (Summer 2015)
For additional information about the program, please contact:
Please include the following information in the email:
- Name (First and Last)
- Student ID (Lancer ID number)
- Number of semesters at PCC
If you are a first-year student please indicate you high school graduation year.
For information about PCC's Alpha Gamma Sigma Honor Society, use link below: