Traditional veteran student aid programs such as the Montgomery GI are available to veterans and their dependents.
Additional Federal Student Aid is Available
In addition to the Veteran Educational Benefit programs, the Federal Student Aid programs such as the Federal Pell Grant or low-interest student loans are also available. Veteranâ€˜s benefits are not used to determine need so all veterans are encouraged to apply for the variety of Pasadena City College (PCC) federal and state financial aid programs. Itâ€™s free to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. If you need assistance completing the FAFSA, please contact the PCC Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid at (626) 585-7401.
State Financial Aid Programs and Pasadena City College Scholarships Also Available
California National Guard Grant
The California National Guard (CNG) Education Assistance Award Program is a state grant program that provides financial assistance for active members of the California National Guard, State Military Reserve or Naval Militia who meet specified qualifications. To apply for the CNG Grant you must complete:
- the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- a CNG application at: www.calguard.ca.gov.
- offered through California Veterans Certification Offices
the California Board of Governors Fee Waiver
- information at the Financial Aid website at pasadena.edu/getmoney,
- Check the Financial Aid website regularly (pasadena.edu/getmoney/) for current scholarhips offered.