Working Remotely

Pasadena City College is now physically closed to the public and nonessential personnel. Your supervisor will notify you if you have been designated as essential personnel and need to come to the college. All employees must remain at home until notified.

Employees whose duties cannot be performed remotely should be on call and available to perform other duties as needed. Please stay in touch with your supervisor to determine work-from-home activities. All other employees are expected to perform their regular job functions, to the extent possible, remotely. Employees who do not wish to work remotely may use compensatory or vacation leave, and must notify their managers accordingly.

Wellness Updates

A weekly wellness message to PCC employees with resources, tools, and practices that can help you achieve greater comfort, connection, and wellness.

Wellness Updates

Human Resources Response

The District continues to closely monitor the ongoing Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID- 19)
outbreak. The health and well-being of our community remain our number one priority. In
response to the COVID-19 outbreak the District has enacted several temporary emergency actions.

Read Complete Response

The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or Act) requires certain employers to provide their employees with paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19.

Learn More about FFCRA

PCC's Aerosol Transmissible Disease (ATD) Plan

The Pasadena City College (PCC) ATD Plan is a companion document to the College’s
Emergency Operations Plan. The ATD Plan serves as the overarching guidance in developing
response plans and subsequent activities, leading to pandemic preparedness.

Read PCC's ATD Plan

Refer Students to Services

If you know a student who is in immediate mental health crisis, you can contact the Personal Counseling office at (626) 585-7273 or Campus Police at (626) 585-7484 if you feel necessary.

For more information on how Personal Counseling is serving students remotely, please visit their website.

If a student contacts you with medical information…

  • Refer the student to Student Health Services. Information on how to contact the office is available on their website.
  • Students can also email to confidentially share medical information with Health Services staff.
  • Do NOT share student medical information – including COVID-19 test status of the student, their friends or families, or any other individuals – with your dean, administrators, or fellow faculty members.
  • Dr. Quinn Tang and his staff will respond to student contacts and report any necessary information to college administration and public health authorities.

Our Social Services Coordinator will continue to offer services remotely during this time. If you have a student who is experiencing  financial hardships, housing or food insecurities, or other personal crisis, please refer them to Social Services in one of the following ways:

  1. Phone contact: Staff can call personal counseling at (626) 585-7273 or 626-585-
    7831 (direct line) to schedule an appointment 
  2. PCC Connect: Counselors and instructors are able to raise a “Social Work Referral” through PCC Connect.
  3. Email: Email with any referral

During this time, we have modified our student services to be able to continue to support students online/remotely. Please visit the Student Services' websites to learn how students can still access services remotely.

Student Services

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates