Applicants can demonstrate English Proficiency by fulfilling one of the following criteria:
- TOEFL - minimum score 450 paper based test, 45 internet based test. Send an official score report. (Visit www.toefl.org for test sites and schedules) Please Note: We cannot accept TOEFL "Institutional Testing Program" (ITP) scores.
- IELTS - minimum score of 5. Send an official score report. (Visit www.ielts.org for test sites and schedules)
- iTEP - minimum score of 3. Send an official score report. (Visit
www.itepexam.com for test sites and schedules)
- STEP-Eiken - minimum 2nd Grade. Send an official report. (Visit http://stepeiken.org/ for more information)
**Score Reports must be less than two years old
- Proof of completion of the highest level of ESL classes in an ESL school in the U.S. Submit a copy of the certificate from the current ESL school to verify completion of the highest level of ESL classes.
- Attendance at a high school where English is the medium language of instruction. Submit a letter from the head master or registrar verifying that attendance of high school/college/university in a foreign country for a minimum of 3 years with English as the medium of instruction for ALL academic courses and submit transcripts showing attendance, with grades of C or better (or the equivalent) in all classes.
- U.S. Education: Send official transcripts from all U.S. schools (high school/college/university) attended mailed to the International Student Center showing completion of one academic year with a GPA of 2.0 or above (only reflects courses taken in the U.S., does not include Intensive English Programs/ESL)
Language Schools Scores Accepted:
**Note: All new students, international and domestic, are required to take the placement tests for English and math. Even if you have taken TOEFL, IELTS, highest level of ESL, etc., you still need to take the PCC placement test to determine your eligibility to enroll in specific math and English courses. The placement test compares your skills to those of other students who study at PCC. TOEFL, IELTS, highest level of ESL, etc. scores will not be used as academic placement at PCC. Placement will be determined by your score on PCC’s placement test, given after arrival on campus.