Adult Learning Process
What are student's reasons for being in school?
- Fulfill a dream
- Get a job or promotion
- Complete a resolution
- Change careers
Adults develop their learning process in a number of ways:
- Lasts the entire life span of each individual
- Allows an individual to acquire, renew, upgrade, or complete knowledge, skills, and attitudes for functioning effectively in a constantly changing society
- Allows adults to pursue learning throughout their lives, and is a way in which people supplement (and, at times, find a substitute for) learning received in formal settings
- Equips individuals with skills and competencies for completing their "self-education" beyond learning in a formal setting
- Acknowledges the contribution of all available educational influences, including formal and informal.