WHY? Business-Owner Optimism
• September 2009: 55 percent of entrepreneurs were optimistic about the future of their businesses, up to 10 percent from earlier in the year.
Source: American Express Open Small Business Monitor
• More small business owners saw conditions in their businesses improving in December 2009 relative to six months earlier.
Source: The Discover Card’s Small Business Watch
WHAT? Business & Entrepreneur Services & Training (BEST)
• The Community Education Center (CEC), a division of Pasadena City College has received a U.S. Congressional appropriations small business development grant of $150,000.
• BEST will enable the Center to prepare clients with the knowledge to create start-up opportunities, improve existing businesses’ operations and create jobs.
• BEST will benefit the communities of Pasadena, Altadena, Arcadia, Temple City and parts of the Western San Gabriel Valley.
For more information and inquiries:
Contact the BEST Academy at 626-585-7302
This information is in PDF format. The freely available Adobeï¿½ Acrobatï¿½ Reader is required. Download a free copy
Revised August 30, 2012