Enabling Anytime, Anywhere Teaching, Learning, & Services
In support of Pasadena City College's vision, mission, goals, and priorities as described in its Board approved Educational Master Plan, the Division of Information Technology Services (ITS) provides college-wide leadership for the continued development of a robust, pervasive, and highly integrated, state-of-the-art information technology infrastructure and related support services that enables innovation and excellence at all levels of teaching, learning, and college operations. Through the innovative application of technology, as well as operational and leadership best practices, ITS strives toward becoming a world-class model for highly effective, proactive, and customer-focused services operation fully embracing the values of Caring, Competence, Commitment, Civility, and Community.CONTACT SERVICE DESK SELF-SUPPORT
Release Date: 03/25/2013
Pasadena City College has announced the hiring of Mark Gutierrez as its new director of Enterprise Applications Services in the Information Technology Services Department for the college. In this capacity, Gutierrez will oversee the management and leadership of all Administrative Information System (AIS) – or “LancerPoint” – applications, including a new AIS solution encompassing all administrative, instructional, and student services operations of the college. He will begin in his capacity on April 1.
Release Date: 11/30/2012
The LancerPoint portal project is moving steadily along and will be entering the layout and content phase in mid-December. Design sessions are scheduled for Dec. 17 – Dec. 19 in the Emergency Operation Center (EOC) so that PCC students, faculty, and staff can provide input on what would be the most important and useful information when they log into LancerPoint.
Release Date: 11/14/2012
Administrative Information Systems (AIS)
Ø Implementation is well underway with multiple training/workshop facilities being established and upgraded as needed to facilitate an aggressive implementation;
- Projected Go-Live dates are as follows: Admission for Summer & Fall – 2/25/2013
ISIRS Financial Aid for 13/14 – 3/18/2013
Schedule for Summer 2013 in BANNER – 4/1/2013
Registration for Summer 2013 – 4/15/2013
DegreeWorks (Advisement for Fall 2013 – 5/27/2013
- Initial hardware and software needed to establish testing, development, and training were designed, acquired, received and installed within a 2 week period;
- Production hardware and software have been designed and currently in the process of being ordered (pending Board approvals);
- Concurrent workshops have been underway in Admissions/Registration, Student Services, Financial Aid, technical systems, Data Standards, and Legacy systems preparation for data migration;
- Web Redesign efforts have been well underway with the presentation of multiple content management software solutions concluding in the selection of the OmniUpdate CMS with contract terms and conditions being finalized pending Board approval;
- Conducted Name the AIS Project with concluding name as LANCERPOINT. Announcements with logo design currently under development by the Public Relations;
- Continued development, maintenance, and data cleanup of the Santa Rosa AIS platform.
Release Date: 10/26/2012
Thanks to everyone who participated in the "Name the AIS" contest. After going through the hundreds of entries that were submitted, it was decided that the winning entry and the new name of our AIS will be LancerPoint, first submitted by PCC student John Phang.
Release Date: 10/03/2012
Zennie Truong, Secretary from Visual Arts & Media Studies, won the 9:00 a.m. iPad.
Mary Thompson, Administrative Assistant, Board of Trustees, won the 2:00 p.m. iPad.