|Mon - Thu||8:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.||Location: L107|| |
|Fri||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||Location: L107|| |
Fall 2013 New EOP&S Student Application Cycle has Closed.
Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOP&S) is a state-funded program at Pasadena City College that provides educational and financial support services to eligible students who have historically experienced economic and educational disadvantages. EOP&S assists eligible students in obtaining their educational goal of certificate, degree or transfer by providing additional support through counseling, tutoring, financial assistance,transfer services, career advisement, and other services. Please click on the Eligibility link for further details on how to apply to the program.
Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (C.A.R.E.). C.A.R.E. is a state-funded program designed to recruit and assist recipients of Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF, formerly known as AFDC) who would like to attend college on a full time basis, achieve their educational goal of certificate, degree or transfer. To participate, a student must be an EOP&S eligible single parent with at least one child under 14 years of age, and must currently be receiving cash aid through TANF benefits. Please click on the Eligibility link under the CARE program information for further details on eligibility.
- New Students: Enroll in and complete 12 units for your first semester in the program, maintain a 2.0 GPA and complete three counseling contacts each fall and spring semester.
- Continuing Students: Enroll in 9-12 units each fall and spring semester, maintain a 2.0 GPA and complete three counseling contacts each fall and spring semester.
- Students enrolled in the Disabled Student Programs are not required to enroll in 12 units; however, must complete three counseling contacts each fall and spring semester and maintain a 2.0 GPA. Current SEC must be submitted each semester.
- Effective Fall 2013, failure to complete program requirements for two consecutive semesters will result in disqualification from the program.
- Petition Information: If you did not meet program requirements due to a special documented circumstance (flood, fire, illness, etc.), you may submit a petition for program reinstatement or program services with documentation included to support your claim.
- Petitions will be accepted April 29 - June 14, 2013 for the fall 2013 term. Documentation must be submitted with the petition for full consideration.
- Petition decisions are emailed within *7-10 business days. *Due to spring 2013 grades being available after May 6th, petition decisions will be emailed 7-10 days after that date. Forms are available at the EOP&S Office L107.
Counseling Contact Requirement Information
- Complete three counseling contacts by the Friday before Finals Week Begins each fall and spring semester. This is a requirement to remain eligible for the program (No exceptions).
- 1st Contact: Educational Plan
- 2nd Contact: Progress Check
- 3rd Contact: Plan for Next Semester
- We recommend completing one contact per month. Students cannot complete more than one contact per week.
- One appointment with the EOP&S Financial Aid Liaison can be counted as a contact.
- Please do not procrastinate with making/completing your appointments because there is a high demand for appointments.
- DSP&S students with a current SEC are not required to enroll in a certain amount of units; however, they are required to maintain a 2.0 GPA and complete three counseling contacts.
Summer 2013 Priority Registration Information - Continuing Students
Summer 2013 Priority Registration Date for EOP&S and CARE students is Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 4:00 p.m.
- All EOP&S and CARE continuing students qualify for priority registration. Classes fill quickly don’t delay, register on your assigned date/time.
- All students must activate their LancerPoint Account before they can register. Complete the LancerPoint Activation Steps before May 23, 2013 for a smooth registration process.
- EOP&S staff will be available at L106 location on May 23, 2013 from 8:00 a.m. - 6:15 p.m. to assist with the registration process. If you have questions or need assistance please stop by or call us at 626-585-7439 for assistance.
- After May 23, 2013 assistance is available at the EOP&S Office L107 or call us.
Book Voucher Information
- Book vouchers are available each fall and spring semester. Amounts vary and are based on state funding. No book voucher funds available for 2013 Extended Spring Semester.
- Book vouchers are available one week before the semester begins.
- All program requirements must be met to qualify for the voucher.
- Fall 2013 book voucher amounts will be announced in mid-August.
- Call 626-585-7439 on Fridays beginning at 8:00 a.m. to make an appointment for the following week.
- Must speak with a live person to make an appointment. Appointments cannot be made leaving a voicemail message.