Welcome to the Assessment Services Office
Located in Building D Room 205 (Map)
Denise K. Carter, M.A.
Supervisor, Assessment Services
Placement Testing Questions Contact: email@example.com (Emails answered within 2 business days)
Click Here for Questions About Exam Exemptions; (Took a exam at another college within last year, an English or Math class, AP exam, etc.) Prerequisite clearances are processed by the Prerequisite Office. Questions about process call 626-585-7951.
First-time students or students who plan to take an English, ESL or math course for the first time are required to take the exams. The exams are free, computerized, multiple-choice and have no time limit. Plan to be at the test session for 2 hours to complete 2 exams. The office does not provide testing (proctoring services) for other colleges, universities or remote testing for out of state students.
- The math exam is also used for Accounting 1A, Business 14A and Statistics 50 placement.
- Chemistry 1A and 22 courses, no placement test is available (students must complete the prerequisite courses listed in college catalog).
- Other courses listing an assessment requirement Foreign Languages, Music, etc. contact Division directly.
June, July and August 2016: Online Appointment Required for English, ESL and Math Testing
- June and July appointments are available online (Click on Link Below). August appointments available in Mid-July
- 1 appointment can be made per student at any given time unless you are taking English on one day and math on another day
- Lancer Point ID # and Date of Birth needed
- First-time students required to take the English & Math exam (Choose English & Math Exam)
- First language not English or have difficulty communicating, reading in English (Choose the ESL & Math Exam)
- If you see the message “No records matched the specified criteria”, that means all appointments have been filled. Choose another date/time.
- Testing and Office hours subject to change without notice. Check this website for updates. Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Cancellation Policy: Unable to attend your appointment cancel within 48 hours of the appointment Cancel Appointment
Arriving to Test Session
- Arrive 15 minutes before testing time to allow for check-in process at the Assessment Services Office Building D Room 205. No Late Admittance permitted; No Exceptions. Late arrivals will need to schedule another date/time online. Example: Have an appointment at 8:30 a.m. arrive at 8:15 a.m.
- Upon arrival line up against the Assessment Office D205 wall behind the Assessment stand. Do not block the hallways, emergency doors, stairwells, etc.
- Have the required testing items ready upon arrival to the test session (See #4 Below).
- Turn off all electronic devices upon arrival at office
- Apply for Admission and Complete New Student Online Orientation; Must be completed before testing. Continuing students do not need to reapply or complete the orientation again. Questions about Admissions call 626-585-7395. Questions about Orientation call 626-585-7251.
- We recommend attending a Pre-Assessment Workshop and Study Session (PAWS) to prepare for the exam. Choosing not to review could result in taking courses that do not count towards graduation and/or transfer. The PAWS is offered through the Learning Assistance Center. For further info call 626-585-7230.
- We recommend taking the English or ESL and math placement exams at least 3 weeks before your registration date because classes fill quickly. Your registration date will be posted in LancerPoint (Dates TBA). Check for updates at www.pasadena.edu
- Arrive at Assessment Office READY FOR TESTING with (Valid Photo ID, your LancerPoint ID # written down on a piece of paper, a pen or pencil and a valid email address to receive your exam results and bring $2.00 if you plan to park on campus). New Student Orientation must be completed BEFORE arriving to test session (First-Time Students). All electronic devices must be turned off before entry into Assessment Office.
- (First-Time Students): After completing both the English and Math exams your next step is to make a Counseling Appointment online at www.pasadena.edu/newstudent or stop by Building L Room 104 front counter area.
We Look Forward to Your Visit!