Welcome to the Assessment Services Office
Denise K. Carter, M.A.
Supervisor, Assessment Services
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
The English, ESL and math placement exams assist students with identifying what level of courses to enroll in at the college. First-time students and students who plan to take an English, ESL or math course for the first time are required to take the placement exams. Students whose first language is not English and/or that have difficulty communicating or reading in English should take the English as a Second Language Exam. The math exam is used to place students into Accounting 1A, Business 14A, Chemistry 1A and Chemistry 22 and Statistic 50 courses. For the exams not mentioned please contact the department directly (Languages, Music or other). Click on the links for the right for additional testing information: First-Time Student Requirements, What to Bring, How to Prepare, Test Exemptions , Test Result Information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Walk-In Testing Hours (English, ESL and Math Placement Testing) is currently available for May 2015.
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Location: 1570 East Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91106 Building D Room 205 (Map)
Walk-in testing is currently available for English, ESL and Math (September through May). In June, July and August an online appointment is required for testing (See Info Below). Hours are subject to change without notice. Updates will be posted on this website.
- Students should review exam preparation information to become familiar with the exam format so they can do their best on the exam.
Monday - Thursday: If exam is not completed by 6:15 p.m., the session will be saved and will need to be completed at another time. Friday: If exam is not completed by 3:45 p.m., the session will be saved and will need to be completed at another time.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military can arrange to take the exam remotely in their area.
- The office does not provide testing (proctoring services) for other colleges or universities and does not provide exam results to other colleges.
- Campus closed on July 3 and on other major holidays and weekends. Review the Academic Calendar for further information.
June, July and August 2015 Online Appointment Information and Instructions
- In June, July and August an online appointment is required for testing.
- Your Lancer Point ID Number and Date of Birth are required to make an appointment. The number is listed on the PCC Emailed Admissions Notice and is an 8 Digit Number.
- First-Time College Students are required to take the English or ESL and Math placement exams. (Choose the English and Math Exam Option). Students must be Admitted to the College and must complete the New Student Online Orientation before testing. The exam takes about 2 to 2 1/2 hours to complete, but there is no time limit.
- If English is not your first language and/or you have difficulty communicating or reading in English (Choose the ESL and Math Exam Option). Students must be Admitted to the College and must complete the New Student Online Orientation before testing. The exam takes about 2 to 2 1/2 hours to complete, but there is no time limit.
- When making your appointment if you see the message No records matched the specified criteria, that means all appointments have been filled. Choose another date/time.
- Arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled testing appointment at the Assessment Services Office Building D Room 205. Testing will begin promptly at the date/time indicated. No Late Admittance, No Exceptions.
- Students who arrive late will need to schedule an online appointment for a different date/time.
- Exam results are emailed to students following the test session by the Testing Company from their email account NoReply@accuplacer.org. Results will also be available on LancerPoint.
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Office Hours are available to ask questions about the testing process. Refer to Testing Hour information above for when the placement exams can be taken.
Campus closed on July 3 and on other major holidays and weekends. Review the Academic Calendar
for further information.