Welcome to the Assessment Services Office
Located in Building D Room 205 (Map)
Denise K. Carter, M.A.
Supervisor, Assessment Services
Placement Testing Questions Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (Emails answered within 2 business days)
Questions About Exam Exemptions; (Took a exam at another college within last year, an English or Math class, AP exam, etc.) Prerequisite clearances are processed by the Prerequisite Office. Questions about process call 626-585-7951.
First-time students or students who plan to take an English, ESL or math course for the first time are required to take the exams. The exams are free, computerized, multiple-choice and have no time limit. Plan to be at the test session for 2 hours to complete 2 exams. The office does not provide testing (proctoring services) for other colleges, universities or remote testing for out of state students.
- The math test is also used for Accounting 1A, Business 14A and Statistics 50 placement.
- Chemistry 1A and 22 courses, no placement test is available (students must complete the prerequisite courses listed in college catalog).
- Other courses listing an assessment requirement Foreign Languages, Music, etc. contact Division directly).
Testing and Office Hour Information
- Click Here for May Schedule
- September through May: Testing available on a Walk-In Basis Only (First-Come, First-Served). No appointments made during this time.
- June, July and August: Online appointment required for testing (See Below). No walk-ins accepted.
- Closed on Saturday, Sunday and holidays.
- Hours subject to change without notice due to off-campus testing and special events held yearly. Updates posted on this website.
June, July and August 2016: Online Appointment Required for English, ESL and Math Testing
- June appointments are available now. July appointments available in Mid-June, August appointments available in Mid-July
- 1 appointment can be made per student at any given time unless you are taking English on one day and math on another day
- Lancer Point ID # and Date of Birth needed
- First-time students required to take the English & Math exam (Choose English & Math Exam)
- First language not English or have difficulty communicating, reading in English (Choose the ESL & Math Exam)
- If you see the message “No records matched the specified criteria”, that means all appointments have been filled. Choose another date/time.
- Make a note of your date/time and plan to attend the session; appointments fill fast.
- Cancellation Policy: Unable to attend your appointment cancel within 48 hours of the appointment Cancel Appointment
Arriving to Test Session
- Arrive 15 minutes before testing time to allow for check-in process at the Assessment Services Office Building D Room 205. No Late Admittance permitted; No Exceptions. Late arrivals will need to schedule another date/time online. Example: Have an appointment at 8:30 a.m. arrive at 8:15 a.m.
- Upon arrival line up against the Assessment Office D205 wall behind the Assessment stand. Do not block the hallways, emergency doors, stairwells, etc.
- Have the required testing items ready upon arrival to the test session (See Don't Forget Section Below); all requirements must be met to take the test
- Turn off all electronic devices upon arrival at office
- Apply for Admission and Complete New Student Online Orientation; Must be completed before testing. Continuing students do not need to reapply or complete the orientation again. Questions about Admissions call 626-585-7395. Questions about Orientation call 626-585-7251.
- Attend a Pre-Assessment Workshop and Study Session (PAWS) to prepare for the exam. Choosing not to review could result in taking courses that do not count towards graduation and/or transfer. The PAWS is offered through the Learning Assistance Center. For further info call 626-585-7230.
- Take the English or ESL and math placement exams at least 3 weeks before your registration date because classes fill quickly. Fall 2016 registration dates occur in July 2016; Your registration date will be posted in LancerPoint.
- Arrive at the Assessment Office ready for testing with a Valid Photo ID, your LancerPoint ID # written down on a piece of paper, a pen or pencil and a valid email address to receive your exam results. Bring $2.00 if you plan to park on campus. All electronic devices must be turned off before entry into Assessment Office.
We Look Forward to Your Visit!