Welcome to the Assessment Services Office
Located in Building D Room 205 (Map)
Denise K. Carter, M.A.
Supervisor, Assessment Services
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
The English, ESL and math placement exams assist students with identifying what level of courses to enroll in at the college. First-time students and students who plan to take an English, ESL or math course for the first time are required to take the placement exams. Students whose first language is not English and/or that have difficulty communicating or reading in English should take the English as a Second Language Exam. The math exam is used to place students into Accounting 1A, Business 14A, Chemistry 1A and Chemistry 22 and Statistic 50 courses. For the exams not mentioned please contact the department directly (Languages, Music or other). Special exam formats are available for students with a verified disability. Click on the links for the right for additional testing information: First-Time Student Requirements, What to Bring, How to Prepare, Test Exemptions , Test Result Information and Frequently Asked Questions.
- Students should review exam preparation information to become familiar with the exam format so they can do their best on the exam.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military can arrange to take the exam remotely in their area.
- The office does not provide remote testing for students who are out of the area or out of state, except for Veterans and Active Duty Military.
- The office does not provide testing (proctoring services) for other colleges or universities and does not provide exam results to other colleges.
- Campus closed on July 3 and on other major holidays and weekends. Review the Academic Calendar for further information.
June, July and August 2015 Online Appointment Required for Testing
- Students must be Admitted to the College before they can make an appointment to take the exam.
- Your Lancer Point ID Number and Date of Birth are required to make an appointment. The number is listed on the PCC Emailed Admissions Notice and is an 8 Digit Number. Include your Full Name (First and Last Name) when making the appointment.
- First-Time College Students: Choose the English and Math Exam Option. Complete the New Student Online Orientation before testing.
- English not your first language or you have difficulty communicating in English: Choose the ESL and Math Exam Option. Complete the New Student Online Orientation before testing.
- Please be sure to write down or take a picture of your appointment date/time for future reference. Click on the View Appointment History Button to confirm your date/time.
- When making your appointment if you see the message No records matched the specified criteria, that means all appointments have been filled. Choose another date/time.
- Office and Testing hours are subject to change (See below for updates).
- The testing process usually takes a total of 2 hours to complete. Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment. No late admittance permitted, no exceptions. Late arrivals will need to reschedule their appointment online.
- Exam results are emailed to students following the test session by the Testing Company from their email account NoReply@accuplacer.org. Results will also be available on LancerPoint. Students should check their Spam and/or Junk mail folder in case the email was routed there.
Click on the Button Below to Make an Appointment
Office Hours: June 1-26, 2015
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Office Hours are available to ask questions about the testing process. Refer to Testing Hour information above for when the placement exams can be taken.
Campus closed on July 3 and on other major holidays and weekends. Review the Academic Calendar
for further information.