Make-Up Exam Information
The Make-Up Exam Service is available for full-time and part-time faculty. All testing instructions and policies must be followed to use this service.
Attention Instructors: Due to the implementation of the Student Success Act (SB 1456), which requires the testing of all first-time college students the following changes have been made for Make-Up Exam testing. The implementation of these new policies will assure that our college complies with the new law and your cooperation is appreciated.
If you have questions or concerns please contact the Supervisor of the Assessment Services Office directly.
- There will be a limit of two exams per Instructor at any given time.
- No office supplies and forms will be provided for exam assembly. The Make-Up exam policy states that exams should be ready for submittal prior to arrival at the Assessment Office.
- Exams will be administered at 1:30 p.m. Monday - Friday. Check the Assessment website for updates on testing and office hours because they are subject to change.
Make-Up Exam Administration Hours
- The Instructor Make-Up exam is administered promptly at 1:30 p.m., Monday – Friday on a first-come, first-served basis (No late arrivals accepted).
- Students must present Valid Photo ID or PCC LancerCard ID for testing (No Exceptions). Photocopies or expired ID are not accepted.
- Refer to the testing and office hours for testing availability. Hours are subject to change without notice.
- This service is available for PCC faculty and students. We do not provide testing services for other colleges, universities, etc.
Make-Up Exam Instructions and Policies
- Print-out and complete the Instructor Make-Up Exam Request Form. Forms are no longer provided at the Assessment Office.
- Arrive at the Assessment Office with items ready for submittal. The Assessment Office will not be able to provide office supplies for exam assembly, copies of testing materials, blue books, etc. If you are submitting make-up exams for several students, you must submit for each student an Instructor Make-Up Exam Request Form, an exam copy and copies of any additional materials.
- Instructors will be limited to having no more than 2 exams in the Assessment Services Office at any one time.
- Submit the Instructor Make-Up Exam Request Form and exam to D205 by inter-office mail or in person Monday - Thursday by 6:15 p.m. and Friday by 3:45 p.m. Exams and other testing documents cannot be emailed or faxed. Note: When the office is closed do not push exams under the door.
- All individuals will be served on a first-come, first-served basis. A wait may be experience during peak-times, prepare accordingly.
- Exams that are not completed by the due date will be mailed back to the instructor on the next business day. If granting an extension, notify the Assessment Office of the change prior to the student arriving for testing.
- Students must bring a Valid Photo ID or PCC LancerPoint Photo ID for testing (No Exceptions) and must complete their exam before closing time. The Assessment Office staff must provide the full time allotted by the instructor.
- The Make-Up Exam Service is available for PCC faculty and students only. We do not administer or proctor exams for other colleges.
- Students: Instructors may have a policy against allowing make-up exams. This decision is entirely up to each individual Instructor. Exams will be administered strictly according to the instructions written on the service request form (e.g., time limit, materials allowed, due date, etc.). You must arrive in time to complete the exam before closing time. Absolutely no exceptions. Students will also be required to present us with their PCC ID card and sign a make-up test regulations form. Student Regulations for Taking Make-up Exams Doc