Make-Up Exam Information
The Make-Up Exam Service is available for full-time and part-time faculty. All testing instructions and policies must be followed to use this service. Make-Up Exam policies and procedures are subject to change. There may be times when testing is not available as indicated below, consult with your Division Office for additional options that may be available to you.
Make-Up Exam Testing Hours
- Make-Up exams administered promptly at 1:30 p.m., Monday – Friday on a first-come, first-served basis (No late arrivals accepted). A valid Photo ID is required for testing. Photocopies or electronic versions of ID are not accepted.
- During peak-times (May, June, July and August), a wait may be experience and/or we may run out of seats and students may be required to return on another date for testing, prepare accordingly.
- Testing and Office hours are subject to change. See highlighted yellow banner section above for updates. Closed on weekends and college holidays. (See the Academic Calendar)
- This service is available for PCC faculty and students. Testing services are not provided for other colleges, universities, etc.
**Notice: Change in Testing or Office Hours on Dates Listed Below**
- June 29-30, July 1-2, 17, August 3-7: No Testing Available. (Office Hours) for exam drop off/pick-up.
- Campus closed on July 3 and on other major holidays and weekends. Review the Academic Calendar for further information.
Instructor Make-Up Exam Policies
- Print-out and complete the Instructor Make-Up Exam Request Form. Forms are no longer provided at the Assessment Office.
- Arrive at the Assessment Office with items ready for submittal. The Assessment Office will not be able to provide office supplies for exam assembly, copies of testing materials, blue books, etc. If you are submitting make-up exams for several students, you must submit for each student an Instructor Make-Up Exam Request Form, an exam copy and copies of any additional materials.
- Instructors will be limited to having no more than 2 exams in the Assessment Services Office at any one time.
- Submit the Instructor Make-Up Exam Request Form and exam to D205 by inter-office mail or in person (Office Hours). Exams and other testing documents cannot be emailed or faxed. Note: When the office is closed do not push exams under the door.
- All individuals will be served on a first-come, first-served basis. A wait may be experience during peak-times, prepare accordingly.
- Exams that are not completed by the due date will be mailed back to the instructor on the next business day. If granting an extension, notify the Assessment Office of the change prior to the student arriving for testing.
- Students must bring a Valid Photo ID or PCC LancerPoint Photo ID for testing (No Exceptions) and must complete their exam before closing time. The Assessment Office staff must provide the full time allotted by the instructor.
- The Make-Up Exam Service is available for PCC faculty and students only. We do not administer or proctor exams for other colleges.
Student Make-Up Exam Policies
- Instructors may have a policy against allowing make-up exams. This decision is entirely up to each individual Instructor. Exams will be administered strictly according to the instructions written on the service request form (e.g., time limit, materials allowed, due date, etc.). You must arrive in time to complete the exam before closing time. Absolutely no exceptions.
- All individuals will be served on a first-come, first-served basis at 1:30 p.m. Monday - Friday. During peak-times (May, June, July and August), a wait may be experience and/or we may run out of seats and students may be required to return on another date for testing, prepare accordingly. Testing and Office hours are subject to change. See highlighted yellow banner section above for updates. Closed on weekends and college holidays. (See the Academic Calendar)
- Students will also be required to present us with their PCC ID card and sign a make-up test regulations form.
- Exams must be completed before closing time. The Assessment Office staff must provide the full time allotted by the instructor.
- Once you are issued a make-up exam, you must follow the policies that have been disclosed to you either in writing or verbally. If you do not follow these policies, your exam session will be terminated and the instructor will be notified. Blue books, scantrons, calculators, etc. are not provided by the Assessment Office.
- Once you enter the testing room, you will be required to complete your exam before the Assessment Office closes for the day. You will not be permitted to start and stop the exam. Food, drink, visitors are not permitted in the testing room.
- Once you have started an exam, you may not take out additional materials that have not been approved for use. All exam materials, including scratch paper, will be collected. Note: The Assessment staff cannot answer questions regarding the content or layout of an exam.
- Once you turn in your exam to an Assessment staff member, it is considered completed. Under no circumstances will an exam be reissued once it has been submitted to an Assessment staff member.
- The Assessment Office must provide the full time allotted by the instructor. If you complete your exam early, please bring the exam up to the front counter.
- The Student Code of Conduct is strictly followed and any violations of policies will be reported and may subject to disciplianary action. This includes, but is not limited to cheating, discourteous behavior, etc.