The PCC Library invites the community as well as students to use and borrow its books!

Who is eligible?

If you are a resident of the Pasadena Area Community College District or your primary place of employment is within the district, you can receive a Public Patron Card at no cost. If you don’t live or work in one of the District’s cities, you can pay $25.00 annually for the card. The District’s cities include:

  • Altadena
  • Arcadia
  • El Monte
  • La Cañada
  • Pasadena
  • Rosemead
  • San Marino
  • Sierra Madre
  • South Pasadena
  • Temple City

Get Your Public Patron Card

Visit our Circulation Desk and present the following proof of identification:

1. A current California I.D. or driver's license

2. A second proof of identification (select one of the following):

    • Utility bill (from the most recent month)
    • Current car registration
    • Pay stub (within the last month)
    • Bank statement (from the most recent month)

The address on the second proof of identification must match the address listed on your California I.D. or driver's license.

3. $25.00 cash or check (made out to Shatford Library), if you do not live or work within the Pasadena Area Community College District.

Public Patrons Borrowing Guidelines

Public Patrons have the same borrowing rules as PCC students. See Borrowing Guidelines.

There are some exceptions which include:

  • Library Research databases can’t be accessed off-campus with a Public Patron Card. They can only be accessed in the library, using our wireless connection with your own device, or by requesting guest access to one of the library’s quick lookup computers.

  • Library computer labs are for PCC student use only.

  • Items that are on Course Reserve can’t be checked out.

  • A Public Patron can borrow up to 10 items at a time.
  • If a Public Patron reaches $5.00 in overdue fines, borrowing privileges will be blocked until the fines are paid.

Get More Information

For more information, speak to a Circulation Desk Staff member during our open hours or call (626) 585-7174.