Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
If you are looking for a particular book or article that we don’t have at the PCC Library, you can request for us to borrow the book or make a photocopy of the article from another library.
How to Make a Request
You can make an ILL request by completing our online forms or filling out a paper copy of the form at the library’s Reference Desk.Request a Book
Interlibrary Loan Policies
Before filling out an ILL request form, you should familiarize yourself with our request policies:
- These items are not eligible for loan: Textbooks, items published within the past 12 months, videos, DVDs, audiocassettes, CD-ROMs, computer disks, microform, and special items.
- You can’t request a loan for something that is already owned by the PCC Library.
- You can only make three requests per week.
- To make a request, you must be a PCC faculty or staff member or a currently registered student.
- It can take at least 2-3 weeks to process and receive a requested item. If you need your material sooner, we recommend that you check other local libraries.
- Due to budget constraints, you will be responsible for paying postage and any charges from the lending library. When completing the form, you can indicate a limit of how much you are willing to pay. This cost applies to students, faculty, and staff.
For any questions, call Lauren Bauer at (626) 585-3309.