Computers, Scanning and Printing
The Shatford Library has three computer labs available to PCC students, faculty, and staff. Whether you need to do research or just print out a document, our computers are available for your convenience!
Locations of Computer Labs
The following computers are available at the Library:
Small and Large Labs (LL-100): 70 computers available with a 60 minute maximum.
Research Zone: 48 computers available with 60-minute maximum.
Computer Lab (behind the Reference Desk): 8 computers with 60 minute maximum.
Help in the Computer Labs
Need help in the library? Use our self-help information below, or ask a Lab Assistant.
To log in to a Library computer, follow these steps:
- Find an open computer and click on the word “Available”.
- Enter your LancerPoint username and password.
Please keep in mind that reservations for a computer can’t be made in advance, and also that sometimes LL-100 will be closed for Library Orientation Classes. You can see a schedule of these classes on the front window of the lab.
When working on a Library computer, it is important to keep these things in mind if you need to save your work:
- Save your work often.
- Use a flash drive, cloud storage (Google Drive, Dropbox) or email your files to yourself. Flash drives are available to purchase from the vending machine on the Library’s lower level.
- Don’t save any work to the computer hard drive. The hard drive is erased as soon as you log off or the computer times out.
If you’re in the lab and have a basic question like how to save, print, or format a document, the Lab Assistant can help you! When the Library is closed, there may be computers available to use at the Computer Learning Center in D-104.
Before using the computer lab, you should familiarize yourself with our computer lab policies:
- If you need to play something with sound, you should wear headphones so that you don’t disturb other people in the lab. Headphones are available to check out at the Computer Lab Service Desk.
- Lab access is limited to current PCC students, faculty, and staff.
- Children must be supervised by a parent or guardian in the lab at all times.
- You may not use your cell phone in the lab.
- Eating and drinking are not permitted while using any library computer.
- Don’t install or download software on the computer hard-drive.
- Using the lab is a privilege, and all policies and procedures must be followed.
- You are bound by the PCC Computer and Network Use Policy when using the computer lab, which requires that you use all the lab resources in a responsible manner that is consistent with the educational and informational purposes for which it is provided.
- Be courteous and respectful to others. This includes keeping track of your time limit, not viewing web sites that may be offensive to others, and keeping your voice down.
Computer and Laptop Lending
- Laptops can be checked out only by PCC students with valid LancerCard ID.
- Laptops are available at the Computer Lab Service Desk on the 1st Floor.
- Before a laptop can be checked out, a Laptop Borrower's Agreement must be completed and signed.
- The Borrower's Agreement will be kept on file for the academic year.
Time Limits & Availability:
- Laptops will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. They cannot be reserved ahead of time.
- One (1) laptop per student only.
- If you have more than $5.00 in outstanding library fines/fees, you may not borrow a laptop.
- Laptops can be checked out for 2 hours; in-library use only.
- Laptops can be renewed one time if at least 1 additional laptop is available.
- Laptops must be returned to the Computer Lab Desk 30 minutes prior to closing.
Print, Copy, Scan
You can always stop by the library if you need to print, copy, or scan something on campus. Use the information below to find out more on where and how to use these services in the library.
All computers in the Library will print to the printer stations that are located on the lower level of the Library. You can find your printouts by using the number that was on the computer you were using.
|Cost per black and white Page||$0.10|
|Cost per color page||$0.50|
- We only accept cash for print-outs. Our Pay-Stations accept change or $1 bills. You can receive change at the Circulation Desk.
If you need to make copies on campus, the lower level of the Library has a color copier and printer at the Computer Lab Service Desk. Our copy machines only make 8 ½ “ x 11” copies (copies on transparencies and 11” x 17” paper are not available).
If you need something that our services don’t provide, there are copy centers across the street from the Library on the North side of Colorado Blvd. that offer color photocopying.
For help using the photocopy machines, ask for help at the Circulation Desk or Computer Lab Service Desk.
|Cost per black and white copy||$0.10|
|Cost per color copy||$0.50|
- We only accept cash. Our Pay-Stations accept change and $1 bills.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Codes) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. We are able to furnish you with a photocopy or reproduction under the condition that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research.” If you make a request for or use a photocopy reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use,” you may be liable for copyright infringement.