If you have paid your fees, but dropped from all or part of your enrollment by the refund deadline (see the Academic Calendar for the deadline for the current semester) you will be eligible for a full refund of the class fees/tuition.
It is your responsibility to officially drop courses you are no longer attending within the refund period to be eligible for a refund.
How do I get my refund?
Pasadena City College has partnered with BankMobile to deliver refunds of funds you pay to PCC. This partnership allows you to receive 100% of your refund at no cost in the method you prefer.
BankMobile will send an introductory kit in a green envelope to the mailing address you have on file with PCC. What if I need to update my mailing address?
Once you receive that envelope, there are three simple steps to process your refund:
- Visit RefundSelection.com
- Enter your Personal Code. This would have arrived in a green envelope from BankMobile as pictured above. BankMobile will send your code in an email to your go.pasadena.edu account as well. Still can’t find your code? Contact Student Business Services.
- Select your method of payment:
- Direct deposit to your bank account. Money is transferred to an existing account the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school. Typically, it takes 1-2 business days for the receiving bank to credit the money to your account.
- Deposit to a BankMobile “Vibe” Checking Account. If you open a BankMobile Vibe checking account (upon identity verification), money is deposited the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school.
- Paper check delivered by US Mail. A check is mailed the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school, provided receipt is within daily cutoff times. Typically, it takes 5-7 business days for the check to arrive.
How Refunds Are Calculated
Health Fee: Refundable if all classes are dropped by the published refund deadline.
Enrollment Fee: Refundable if class(es) are dropped by the published refund deadline.
Course Fee: Refundable if class(es) are dropped by the published refund deadline.
Student Representation and Activity Fee: Refundable if all classes are dropped by the published refund deadline.
Parking Fee: Refundable if permit is returned before or during the first two weeks of the semester or during the first week of the intersession. immediate refunds may be requested at the Student Business Services, B-203.