Before you register
- Select the course you want.
Check the Schedule
of Classes or the open
class list. You can search for classes that meet your criteria at Lancerlink, online student services.
- Pick a list of alternate sections and/or courses
to be used if the ones you want are closed.
- Jot down the course information:
- 4 digit section number
- course title
- hours of the class
- number of units
- Check for prerequisites.
The current College Catalog
Schedule of Classes will indicate if any of the courses you select
have a prerequisite. You will not be able to register for any course
which has a prerequisite until it is verified that you have met the
prerequisite. If you have met the prerequisite by taking a course(s)
at Pasadena City College after Fall 1981, or you took the placement
test for an English, math or ESL course, the computer will verify the
prerequisite for you automaticaly. If you have met a course prerequisite some other way, such as by a course at another college, AP or CLEP test, you must clear the prerequisite before registering.
- Prerequisites may be cleared in Advising, L-103D, or by mailing or faxing the
Prerequisite Clearance cover sheet with appropriate documentation attached.
- If you believe you have the skills or ability to succeed in the course because of personal or work experience, you MUST file a
Prerequisite Challenge Form in Advising, L-103D. Please see the Challenge Form itself for more specific information.
- Choose meeting times for your classes and write the
class codes. Have your ALTERNATE class choices and their code numbers handy
in case the times you want are unavailable.
- Resolve any financial holds well in advance of your
priority registration time, other types of holds, and residency problems
which may delay your registration.
- Check list of open/closed classes. Before registering,
check the posted schedule and the list of closed classes for up-to-date
information and make any necessary changes.
- Have the funds to pay for your classes. THE PAYMENT FOR ANY APPLICABLE CHARGES (tuition, enrollment
fee, semester parking permit, or insurance) MUST BE PAID within 3 business days or you may be dropped from the class.
- Add your name to the class waiting list. If you have
no alternate for a closed class, or if your alternate is also closed,
you may be able to add your name to the class waiting list (if space
on the list is available), or you may register for other classes. You
must pay the fees for any classes for which you are on the wait list
and must attend the first class meeting.
- Make changes. Once you have registered, you may make
changes to your program during add/drop periods if you have paid all
of your registration fees. See the additional online registration instructions and academic
calendar for add/drop periods.
- Admission to the college does not guarantee space in any class. Your
enrollment is subject to space availability.
is in PDF format. The freely available AdobeÂ® AcrobatÂ® Reader
is required. To download
a free copy click here.