Before you register
Important Note: Lancerlink is done, but
here! Activate your LancerPoint
account and start using it to register today!
- Select the course you want.
Check the Schedule
of Classes or the open
class list. You can search for classes that meet your criteria at LancerPoint, online student services.
- Pick a list of alternate sections and/or courses
to be used if the ones you want are closed.
- Jot down the course information:
- 4 digit CRN
- course title
- hours of the class
- number of units
- Prerequisite Clearance
Prerequisite clearances using credits from another college is not automatic. Students must make the request for clearance with each specific class (possibly each term).
We will grant approval for enrollment into courses with prerequisites for students who present proof of eligibility.
- Official or unofficial transcripts from previous colleges are accepted as proof, as long as they provide the following:
- college/university name
- student's name
- course and grade (without manipulation on the transcript )
- Obtaining a Prerequisite Clearance:
- Preferred: Meet with an advisor at the Prerequisite Office in L building with documents as listed above (sign-in on computer).
- Alternative: If unable to meet in person, you may submit a request online. To do so, you must submit 2 parts:
- Part 1: Complete the Prerequisite Clearance Request form online (enter your PCC email found in LancerPoint).
- Part 2: Check your PCC email for our reply email (sent immediately). You must then reply to our email and attach the documents listed above. Once we recieve your documents, your request will be reviewed within 2 business days (M-F, excluding holidays). If Part 2 is not received within 2 weeks, your request will be discarded.
- Prerequisite clearances are only valid for:
- One term - if the class does not have a Math, English, Chemistry, or Language requirement (example: Psyc 2 has a Psyc 1 prereq requirement). If you do not enroll in the class in the term requested, you must request for the prereq clearance again the following term.
- Permanently - if the class has a Math, English, Chemistry, or Language requirement (example: Phys 1A has a Math 5A prereq requirement)
- Choose meeting times for your classes and write the
class codes. Have your ALTERNATE class choices and their code numbers handy
in case the times you want are unavailable.
- Resolve any financial holds well in advance of your
priority registration time, other types of holds, and residency problems
which may delay your registration.
- Check list of open/closed classes. Before registering,
check the posted schedule and the list of closed classes for up-to-date
information and make any necessary changes.
- Have the funds to pay for your classes. THE PAYMENT FOR ANY APPLICABLE CHARGES (tuition, enrollment
fee, semester parking permit, or insurance).
- Add your name to the class waiting list. If you have
no alternate for a closed class, or if your alternate is also closed,
you may be able to add your name to the class waiting list (if space
on the list is available), or you may register for other classes. You
must attend the first class meeting.
- Make changes. Once you have registered, you may make
changes to your program during add/drop periods. See the additional online registration instructions and academic
calendar for add/drop periods.
- Admission to the college does not guarantee space in any class. Your
enrollment is subject to space availability.
is in PDF format. The freely available AdobeÂ® AcrobatÂ® Reader
is required. To download
a free copy click here.