Ujima Collective Work and Responsibility
Ujima is a learning community designed to enhance the experience of African-American Students through counseling, instruction, mentoring and community building.
As a member of the Ujima program, you will be supported both in and out of the classroom. Some of the many benefits you will receive include:
- Priority Registration
- Community and peer mentoring
- Dedicated Ujima Academic Coaches and Counselors
- Cultural activities and events
- Leadership opportunities and networking
- Culturally Centered Coursework in Ujima dedicated classes
- Ujima Rites of Passage
- Ujima Club
- Ujima Limited Edition Gear
- On Campus Family
- Success strategies and goal setting for the future
- College Tours
- Learn about our culture, who we are and how to better ourselves and our community
Requirements for the Ujima Program
As a student in Ujima, you will need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Meet with your Ujima counselor twice a semester for progress checks
- Meet regularly with academic coaches
- Sign Ujima accountability contract
- Take the required Ujima Program courses
- Attend the weekly Ujima club
- Maintain attitudes and behaviors that promote Black Excellence
Join the Ujima Program
Ujima is open to Pasadena City College students who have not completed more than 12 units prior to joining.
Future PCC Students: Your first step is to Apply to PCC! After you submit your online application, complete the Ujima Program Interest Form.
Current PCC Students: We are excited to have you join the Ujima community. Complete our Program Interest Form to get started!