Apply for Your Degree
Ready to get your associate degree from PCC? The first step is to have your requirements checked by a counselor to confirm that you qualify for your degree. Apply for your degree online OR you can apply in a counseling appointment!
- Fall - February 1 (of following year, example Fall 2020 deadline is February 1, 2021)
- Spring - April 1(First deadline. Your name will be published in Commencement book)
- Spring - June 15(Second deadline. Your name will not be published in Commencement book)
- Summer - August 15
Note: Applying for your degree will not impact your enrollment at PCC or your Financial Aid or California College Promise Grant (BOGW) at PCC.
Dates & Deadlines
Due to the current health climate, commencement will be postponed. All students graduating in Summer 2019, Fall 2019, and Spring 2020 will participate in our June 2021 commencement.
Deadline to Apply for Your Spring 2020 Degree: June 15, 2020.
You may submit an online request for a preliminary degree check/degree petition if you:
- Have not applied for your degree this semester OR want to apply for an additional degree.
- Have completed a minimum of 45 college units. If you have credits from another college/institution, you will need to have official transcripts and AP scores on file with Admission. In the meantime if you do not have records on file, you may attach unofficial records in our online form.
After you submit your request, a counselor will review your records and we will email the results to your LancerMail in LancerPoint. If you qualify, you will be issued your degree at the end of the current degree filing period. You will not need to come sign a degree petition since we will use your electronic signature in the request form. If you do not qualify yet, we will provide you a checklist of the needed classes in our email.
Due to the high number of requests received, we currently have a 2-3 week delay in processing requests. As long as your request is submitted by the degree petition term deadline and you receive the autoreply to confirm receipt, your request will be reviewed for the requested term.
If you prefer to apply in a counseling appointment, you may make a virtual counseling appointment online.
If you have a LancerPoint login, please apply online above.
If you do not have an active LancerPoint login, you may still submit your request online via email. Please follow the below instructions to submit your request by email:
Download and complete the preliminary degree check/petition request form
- If you have credits from another college, get unofficial copies of all your non-PCC
college transcripts and AP scores. Make sure each record shows the following (without manipulation):
- Full name must be visible on all records
- Name of college/university or College Board must be visible on record
Note: Official transcripts must be on file with Admission for your degree/s to post. If you have already submitted your official record/s, please let us know in your email and we will look for the record/s.
- Submit Your Complete Packet (Form & Records)
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (include your PCC ID# in email subject line) OR
Bring the complete packet to the Counseling counter (L-104) with your photo ID.
- After you submit your request, a counselor will review your records.
- If you qualify, you will be issued your degree at the end of the current degree filing period. You will not need to sign a degree petition since we will use your electronic signature in the request form.
- If you do not qualify, we will mail you a checklist of the needed classes to your mailing address in your student record.