Video/Phone Counseling Appointments
We are offering 45 minute phone and virtual (video meeting) academic counseling appointments. Our counselors look forward to assisting you with your academic goals.
To sign-up for a counseling appointment, please use your PCC Lancer ID# and your birthdate (MMDDYYYY).
- Phone appointments:
- A counselor will call you at the phone number you have listed in LancerPoint.
- Calls may appear as "No Caller ID" or from a 626 number.
- Virtual (video meeting) appointments:
- You will be sent an email with a link to enter a Virtual Lobby in Cranium Cafe (through Canvas). Once you are in the lobby, your counselor will invite you to a 1-1 counseling session at the time of your appointment.
- Requires access to Canvas. If you do not have access to Canvas, please select the phone appointment option.
- Virtual/video works best using Google Chrome and Firefox browsers.
- New appointments are added daily. If you do not find an appointment in your desired time, please check again the next day.
- If you have credits from another college, please have your non-PCC unofficial transcripts available as an electronic copy. You may be asked to email your transcript to the counselor during your appointment.
- Cannot attend your meeting? Please cancel your appointment by logging back in.
Have a quick question or specific requests? You may also consider using our online services if you do not need an immediate response:
- Online Counseling
- Apply for Your Degree Online or Request for a Degree Check
- Prerequisite Clearance/Placement/Challenge Requests
- Online Educational Plans
If you have never attended college before, you will participate in a new student counseling session after you have applied to PCC, completed your online orientation and checked your English and Math placements in LancerPoint. If you do not see your placements, you may request for placement with your high school transcript using our online prerequisite clearance form. The new student counseling session will complete your "Ed Plan Achievement" in LancerPoint.
Follow the counseling process for continuing students to make a counseling appointment.
During your appointment, make sure you request a transcript review and an education plan to complete your "Ed Plan Achievement" in LancerPoint. You may request to clear prerequisites and get your english and math placements using our online prerequisite clearance form.
Attending another college/university or taking 1-2 classes at PCC for personal interest or professional development? If you know which class(es) you plan to take, complete your "Ed Plan Achievement" step using our online counseling form. You do not need to see a counselor in-person or attend new student group counseling. IMPORTANT: Please indicate:
- Term you plan to take your course(s)
- Course(s) you plan to take
- Academic goal (i.e. personal interest or taking class to meet your current college/university's degree requirement)
Students with a PCC ID# may meet with one of our counselors. If you do not yet have an ID#, first apply to PCC.
If you have a general question, you can use our online counseling service to get your questions answered.