Who Needs to Provide Transcripts to PCC?

1. Recent High School Graduates

  • If you graduated from high school within the past year, or if you think any of your high school courses may help our academic counselors guide you to the courses appropriate for you, you must have your high school send your transcript to this college.

2. Students Who Have Completed Classes at Another College

  • If you attended a California community college, or if you think a class taken at another college may meet a course prerequisite, you must have the other college send your transcript to PCC.
  • If you are going to receive a degree from PCC, you must have all other college transcripts sent to PCC.

How to Provide Your Transcripts to PCC

If you meet the above descriptions, then it is your responsibility to request the transcripts from the schools you have attended and ask that they be sent directly to the PCC Admissions & Records Office. All transcripts from other schools must be official. 

You can have transcripts sent in one of the following ways:

1. By Mail

Ask your school to mail an official transcript to us at:

Pasadena City College
Admissions & Records Office L-113
1570 E. Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena CA 91106-2003

2. Electronically (PDF Only)

An official transcript can be emailed in the following ways:

  1. Emailed from the third party vendor, Credentials Inc., Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse
  2. Emailed from a school or 3rd party vendor not listed above to transcripts@pasadena.edu

*Note that an emailed transcript from you, the student, will not be accepted as official.

Using Your Transcripts to Clear a Prerequisite

If you need to clear a prerequisite for a class and you have taken the prerequisite at another school, you cannot clear the prerequisite just by submitting your transcripts to the Admissions & Records Office (L-113). You must also submit the required documentation to the Prerequisite Clearance Office. 

Go to the Prerequisite Office!