Refer a Student Exhibiting Distressing, Disruptive, or Threatening Behavior
If you have a concern about a student experiencing or presenting an academic, behavioral, emotional, physical, or safety risk – CPART recommends the following interventions:
For critical behaviors, Contact Police and College Safety at (626) 585-7484 or Dial 911. (Note: 911 calls made through a district office telephone are directly routed to Campus Police dispatch.) After speaking with police, please make a report to CPART.
- Showing or brandishing a weapon
- State intent to harm self or others
- Overt threats to harm or kill someone
- Physical or sexual assault on another individual
- Interpersonal violence
For elevated behaviors of concern, please make a report to CPART immediately.
- Erratic or unusual behaviors
- Sending intrusive emails/text messages
- Intimidating or bullying behaviors towards others
For mild to moderate behaviors of concern, please make a report to CPART as soon as possible. Students experiencing a mental health crisis can also call Personal Counseling at (626) 585-7273 or walk into the office located in D-203 to request a crisis appointment. 24/7 support by phone is also available to students after hours, by calling (626) 585-7273 and pressing #9.
- Significant drop in academic performance
- Preoccupation with death, suicide, or self-harm
- Changes in mood and appearance
- Displays paranoia or distrust
- Isolates self
- Alcohol & drug use/abuse