Pasadena City College strives to serve students and non-students courteously, promptly, equitably, and in compliance with our policies and with state and federal laws. Processes and procedures are available to any student who reasonably believes that a College decision or action has adversely affected his or her status, rights or privileges as a PCC student.
Student complaints are classified into three categories: 1) grade appeals; 2) complaints; or 3) discrimination complaints. The process for filing complaints that are not resolved at the campus level is also included.
Pasadena City College's grade appeal procedure, AP 4230, provides processes by which a dispute in the assigned final grade for a course may be resolved in a fair and efficient manner according to state law and due process. The procedure outlines both the informal consultation process and the formal grade appeal process. Grade Appeals are handled through the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Grade Appeal Procedure
- Grade Appeal Form
- Faculty Response to Student Grade Appeal Form
- Dean's Response to Student Grade Appeal
Individuals who are dissatisfied with a campus policy or procedure or with the conduct of a college employee are entitled to file a complaint. We encourage students and others to attempt to resolve the issue informally with college personnel. However, if there is not a satisfactory resolution, the complaint form should be completed and submitted.
Complaints are handled through the Office of Instruction OR the Office of Student Services.
- Student Academic Instructional Course/Class Related Complaint Form
- Student Non-Academic Complaint Form
Sex-based Harassment or Discrimination
Unlawful Harassment or Discrimination
Students are encouraged to file a report with the District regarding discrimination on the basis of age, color, (dis)ability, ethic group identification, gender expression, national origin, religion, or any other protected characteristic. File a report through the online report form.
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Unlawful Discrimination Complaint Form
- Chancellors Office Discrimination Complaint Procedure
- Chancellor's Office Discrimination Complaint Form
Most complaints, grievances, or disciplinary matters are resolved at the campus level. Issues that are not resolved at the campus level may be presented to the following:
- The Accrediting Commission for community and Junior College (ACCJC) may be contacted through their website if your complaint is associated with the institution's compliance with academic program quality and accrediting standards.