U-PASS at PCC
FREE UPASS for Fall 2021
Students enrolled in at least one (1) unit in Fall 2021 are eligible to receive a FREE UPASS for Fall 2021 (26 weeks).
The PCC UPASS will be available Thursday, August 19, 2021-Wednesday, September 8, 2021. The PCC UPASS is valid on the following transit providers MTA trains and buses, Pasadena Transit, Foothill Transit (local and Silver Streak), Montebello Bus, Santa Monica Big Blue Bus,Culver City Bus, Long Beach Transit, LADOT DASH, Norwalk Transit, Torrance Transit and Gardena Transit.
The Fall UPASS is valid from August 19, 2021-February 20, 2022.
To obtain a FREE UPASS:
- Complete the Metro survey form at https://lametro.formstack.com/forms/upass_pcc This is only required for new UPASS users.
- Bring your completed survey confirmation to Student Business Services, B-203.
- You must have a PCC Lancercard and bring that card to Student Business Services. If you don't have a PCC Lancercard click the link to find out how to get one https://pasadena.edu/campus-life/lancer-id/index.php
- Show your class schedule to the Student Business Services staff to verify that you are enrolled in at least 1 unit. The staff will then affix the pre-loaded UPASS sticker onto your Lancercard ID. The sticker will not be valid on any other form of ID.
- Be sure to tap your UPASS at any Metro, Pasadena or Foothill Transit station to activate your pass. You must tap your UPASS at least one time within 15 days of receiving it for it to be activated.
Replacements & Refunds
- If your FREE UPASS is lost, damaged or stolen you can purchase a replacement for $50.
- No refunds will be given for the UPASS.
Students who received a FREE UPASS but drop, or are dropped, from all of their courses, will have their UPASS deactivated.
Free Transit Fares
It has been reported that some transit agencies are not charging for boardings, however this is not the case for all transit providers. Metro trains and other transit providers are charging regular fares.
The free UPASS is being provided to students through PCC's CARES funding. The reduced rate UPASS is being subsidized by Associated Students through the Student Activity Fee.