Need help with Admission, Registration, Financial Aid, Hold or other questions? The campus is open and in person and remote help is available.
- Please check your PCC email account or personal email account if you have not been admitted to the college or check your text messages for assistance with your question.
- See our FAQs — your question may already have an answer to assist you.
Hours: M - F, 8 am to 5 pm
Come to the First-Year Experience (FYE) Center in V-100.
Hours: Mon - Fri: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Come to the Welcome Center in the Campus Center (CC) Building.
Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 am - 4 pm
Need to speak with a Counselor? Use our Virtual Support Counseling to get started.
Virtual Support Counseling
- Visit the Virtual Support Counseling Login Page
- Sign-in with your Lancer ID#
- If you don't have a Student ID #, select the “Not a student yet” under the sign-in button.
- We recommend applying for admission at www.pasadena.edu/apply
- When it's your turn, a PCC team member will contact you to start your session! We use email, text and phone call communication methods.
Skip the Lines with Our Self-Guided Resources
Enrollment and Registration Guides & Videos
Learn how to use LancerPoint to complete the steps to enroll at PCC. Whether you're new to PCC or just need a refresher on how to start your semester, these guides will help!
Get answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about starting the new semester.
Yes, you must submit vaccine card proof or a medical exemption information before you can register for Summer and Fall 2022 In Person Classes. A restricted hold will be placed on your account until you submit the documents. Submit your documents now. It usually takes 1-2 business days for processing. Please submit early to avoid registration delays.
Please see the PCC COVID testing resources and requirements webpage for more information.
First Time College Students: Complete the counseling process online.
Continuing and Returning Students:
- Obtain a counseling referral to make your educational plan through Virtual Support Counseling. Returning students must be admitted to the college in order to obtain counseling referral. Apply at www.pasadena.edu/apply
- Program Maps are available to assist you with choosing classes based on your major.
- Unsure about major?
- Completed Comprehensive Ed Plan before, access in LancerPoint.
View your registration date/time by logging into LancerPoint
1) Click on My Classes & Academics
2) Under Registration Tools Click on Check Registration Status & Date
3) Please mark your calendar for future reference
• Corequisite: A corequisite is a course in which you are required to enroll at the same time that you are enrolled in another course. If one of the courses is already waitlisted or full, you will not be able to register for those courses.
• Course Approved for Cohort: If you see this message, it means that you tried to register for a class that is restricted to students in that special program. If you are not part of that “approved cohort,“ you must find another CRN with no restrictions that fits your schedule.
• High School Permission Forms Needed: If you are a Concurrent Enrollment student (taking classes while still in high school), there are forms that must be submitted to obtain approval to enroll in the classes. For additional information Click here.
• Medical Form Required: If you are under the age of 18 you must submit a Minor Authorization Consent Form. Click Here for More Information.
• Prerequisite: Please make sure that you have completed the course requirements listed in the Schedule of Classes. Visit the Prerequisite Office website for More Information..
• Prior Semester Balance: You owe fees from a prior semester that you must pay in order for you to register. Log-in to LancerPoint to make a payment.
• Proof of High School Graduation: Please submit a copy of your high school diploma or transcripts to the Admissions and Records Office by Clicking Here.
• Re-Admission: If you have not attended classes at PCC continuously (Missed a Semester), you will be required to reapply for admission to the college.
• Restricted: In order to register for in person classes vaccine or exemption information must be submitted. Click Here for More Information.
• Visa Hold: Register in Person - If you are an F1 or F2 student and would like to take classes part-time, please submit an Admissions Support Ticket with your Student ID Number and CRN for the course by Clicking here and the Admissions Office will register you for the class if it is still available.
1) Click on My Classes and Academics
2) View Unofficial Transcript: Under My Records Click On View Unofficial Transcript
3) Order Official Transcript: Under My Records Click on Order Transcripts & GE Certification
Please visit What to Expect After Applying for Graduation for additional information.
PCC offers two types of fully online classes:
- Fully online asynchronous
- Asynchronous means that your online class is pre-recorded. You do not log in at a specific time. Instead, you will access class material on Canvas and complete assignments within a specific timeframe as specified by your instructor.
- Fully online synchronous
- Synchronous means "live". You will log in at a specific time to take the course.
You can learn more about how a course is being offered by checking the class schedule. Please note: your online schedule says, “TBA” for all classes that are “asynchronous”.
Need a laptop? Laptops are available to borrow from the PCC Library. You can visit the library during their open hours to check one out!
You can visit us in-person or purchase books online. Please see the PCC COVID testing resources and requirements webpage for more information on the testing requirement and testing locations.
- You can purchase your textbooks online and pick them up at the Bookstore service windows or you can have them shipped to you
- Financial aid vouchers for Lancer Aid, EOPS, NextUp, Stars, CARE, Veterans, Department of Rehabilitation) will be available for online order payment. If you have been awarded a voucher, you will receive an email from Financial Aid with information on how to access.
- If you cannot shop online, purchase or rent books at the entrance to the Textbook floor of the Bookstore (second floor).
- If you may visit the Bookstore to purchase school supplies/art supplies.
- Up to 25 students will be allowed inside the Bookstore at a time. All others must wait in a socially distanced line with masks.
Obtain a Lancer Card ID (Currently Registered in a Class, Not on A Waitlist): Returning and Continuing Students at the Welcome Center (CC Building 1st Floor). New Students at the Pathways (FYE) Center (V100). Get your ID early before each semester begins so you can avoid the lines.
Before the First Day of Class
- Most classes have waitlists in order to provide students with a chance to get a seat in a class if a student registered in the course drops it.
- If you are on the waitlist and are offered a seat in the class by a system email, you have 48 hours to register for the class before it the notification expires. An email will be sent to your go.pasadena.edu account informing you if a seat has become available. Please check this email often.
- All waitlist notifications expire the day before the class begins.
- If the professor for the course provides you with an add code it will not work until the first meeting day of the course. This add code expires on the last day to add/drop the course (the day before the Census date). Click on the CRN of the course in the schedule of classes for important dates.
After the First Day of ClassWaitlists for closed classes expire on the day before the class begins. Due to COVID restrictions, classes must not go over their maximum registration. If a class you are interested in is full, please complete our online form.
For more information, read our how-to guide on "how to crash a course".
The deadline for dropping a class without a W is listed in the Schedule of Classes. It can be found by clicking on the 5-digit CRN. Be sure to click on the CRN for each course in the schedule of classes to determine the last day to drop without a W and/or receive a refund, as it may be different for each course.
If you’re not sure if you should drop, sign into Virtual Support Counseling to get connected with a counselor and discuss your class options.
You will only see a course in Canvas 7 days before the class starts. If it is within 7 days of the class start day, one of the following reasons may be why you can’t the course in Canvas:
- You may not actually be enrolled in the course (may just be on the waitlist). Waitlisted students cannot access a class until they actually add the class.
It may be that the instructor has not published the course in Canvas yet. You will not be able to access the actual course in Canvas if the instructor has not Published the course. Contact the Instructor of the course via email. Email addresses can be found in the PCC Directory.