We’re here for you…in-person. For real. We’ve Reopened!
Do you need help with registration? Financial aid? A hold? Transcripts? Anything else?
We now have three easy ways for you to get help. Monday through Friday, during normal business hours, you can use our online Virtual Support Center or come to campus and visit one of our In-Person Help Centers.
Either way, someone will be waiting with a smile – even if it’s an emoji. Or, if you’re looking for a quick answer, use our Self-Guided Resources to find the information you need.
How-To Guides & Videos
Learn how to use LancerPoint to complete the steps to enroll at PCC. Whether you're new to PCC or just need a refresher on how to start your semester, these guides will help!
Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about starting the new semester.
PCC offers four types of classes:
- Fully in person
- In person and online (Hybrid)
- Fully online asynchronous
- Asynchronous means that your online class is pre-recorded. You do not log in at a specific time. Instead, you will access class material on Canvas and complete assignments within a specific timeframe as specified by your instructor.
- Fully online synchronous
- Synchronous means "live". You will log in at a specific time to take the course.
You can learn more about how a course is being offered by checking the class schedule. Please note: your online schedule says, “TBA” for all classes that are “asynchronous”.
All students that applied for Financial Aid, completed their verification process, and have a class that begins on August 23rd will have their Pell grant disbursed August 23rd and funds will be available to them via their BankMobile preference. Timing depends on their selected refund preference. Learn more about BankMobile or refund timing.
Need a laptop? Laptops are available to borrow from the PCC Library. You can visit the library anytime during their open hours to check one out!
During the Fall 2021 semester, PCC students have a $150 credit to use at the PCC Bookstore as payment for books and school supplies.
- You can purchase your textbooks online and pick them up at the Bookstore service windows or you can have them shipped to you
- Financial aid vouchers for Lancer Aid, EOPS, NextUp, Stars, CARE, Veterans, Department of Rehabilitation) will be available for online order payment. If you have been awarded a voucher, you will receive an email from Financial Aid with information on how to access.
- If you cannot shop online, purchase or rent books at the entrance to the Textbook floor of the Bookstore (second floor).
- If you may visit the Bookstore to purchase school supplies/art supplies.
- Up to 25 students will be allowed inside the Bookstore at a time. All others must wait in a socially distanced line with masks.
You can get your PCC Student ID card at the Welcome Center located in the CC building on the first floor.
Starting Monday, September 07, 2021, parking permits will be enforced in all campus
lots. Vehicles without an active Fall 2021 Semester or Daily permit will be ticketed.
We understand that many students purchased parking passes for Fall 2021 believing they would be taking face-to-face classes but later found that their courses had transitioned to fully online. Due to these circumstances, students may choose one of the following two options:
- Request full refund
- If you will no longer be on campus regularly, you may request a full refund using submit a refund request, by Deadline: September 25, 2021
- In this case, if you need to come to campus, you will be responsible for purchasing a Daily Lot permit for $2.00.
- Keep Fall 2021 Parking Permit
- If you plan on coming to campus more than twice a week, it is more cost effective to keep your Fall 2021 Parking Permit.
Before the First Day of the Semester
- Most classes have waitlists in order to provide students with a chance to get a seat in a class if a student registered in the course drops it.
- If you are on the waitlist and offered an add code, you have 48 hours to use it before it expires. Codes will be emailed to your go.pasadena.edu account. Please check this email often.
- All add codes expire on the first day of classes.
After the First Day of the Semester
- After the first day of a the semester, the only way you can add a class is by getting an add code from the instructor.
- Email the instructor of the course and wait for a reply with a potential add code.
- Your add code will not work until the day/time of the first class session.
- Once the course begins, you can add the class using the CRN, then enter the add code you received when prompted.
- If your add code does not work, there may be an issue with the code (your instructor may have given you one for the wrong course or a duplicate code). If you receive an error, please contact the instructor of the course for the correct code.
For more information, read our how-to guide on "how to crash a course".
The deadline for dropping a class without a W is listed in the Schedule of Classes. It can be found by clicking on the 5-digit CRN. Be sure to click on the CRN for each course in the schedule of classes to determine the last day to drop without a W and/or receive a refund, as it may be different for each course.
If you’re not sure if you should drop, sign into the Virtual Support Center to get connected with a counselor and discuss your class options.
Free Access to Campus WiFi
Parking Lot 3 is set up as a WiFi Parking Lot. You may park your car there and use Campus WiFi.
- This service is available every day from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- You must stay in your vehicle with your car parked away from each other to promote social distancing
I can’t see my Canvas for a class I’m registered in.
You will only see a course in Canvas 7 days before the class starts. If it is within 7 days of the class start day, one of the following reasons may be why you can’t the course in Canvas:
- You may not actually be enrolled in the course (may just be on the waitlist). Waitlisted students cannot access a class until they actually add the class.
It may be that the instructor has not published the course in Canvas yet. You will not be able to access the actual course in Canvas if the instructor has not Published the course. Contact the Instructor of the course via email. Email addresses can be found in the PCC Directory.
Help Using Canvas
For updates about on-campus nursing classes, fieldwork and future cohorts of the nursing program, please visit the Nursing Programs website.
PCC still offers Student Activities and Student Health Services in remote setting. Services include:
- Associated Student Advocacy
- Student online activities
- Emergency loans
- Tele-health services where you can call and get help from doctors & nurses.