Need help with Admission, Registration, Financial Aid, Hold or other questions? The campus is open and in person and remote help is available.
Pathways Center, V-100
Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm
Monday - Friday: 9 am - 4 pm
Use our Virtual Support Center to get help from our friendly PCC staff.
the Virtual Support Center
- Visit the Virtual Support Center Login Page
- Sign in with your Lancer ID#
- If you don't have a Student ID #, select “Not a student yet” under the sign-in button.
- We recommend applying for admission at www.pasadena.edu/apply
- When it's your turn, a PCC team member will contact you to start your session! We use email, text, and phone call communication methods.
Skip the Lines with Our Self-Guided Resources
Enrollment and Registration Guides & Videos
Learn how to use LancerPoint to complete the steps to enroll at PCC. Whether you're new to PCC or just need a refresher on how to start your semester, these guides will help!
Get answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about starting the new semester.
This year, PCC will hold summer operating hours. Generally speaking, college offices will be open longer and closed Fridays from June 11 through August 19, 2023.
The following services will be impacted:
- Most offices will be closed Fridays, check service websites for specific information.
- On Fridays, the only buildings to be unlocked will be those holding classes:
- On the Colorado Campus:
- Jack Scott (C)
- Center for the Arts (CA)
- Instructional Technologies (IT)
- Robbins (R)
- Science Village and
- On the Foothill Campus, the main building will be open.
- On the Colorado Campus:
- There will be no shuttle service on Fridays between Colorado, the Foothill Campus, the Gold Line, and other destinations.
- There will be no food service on Fridays, and the Piazza will be open longer on Monday through Thursday.
Some departments, units, and areas will maintain normal hours to maintain service levels for students and others whose schedules will be unaffected. For specific guidance, please contact the office directly.
Yes, you must submit vaccine card proof or a medical exemption information before you can register for Summer 2023 In Person Classes. A restricted hold will be placed on your account until you submit the documents. Submit your documents now. It usually takes 1-2 business days for processing. Please submit early to avoid registration delays.
Please see the PCC COVID testing resources and requirements webpage for more information.
First-Time College Students: Complete the counseling process online.
Continuing and Returning Students:
- Obtain a counseling referral to make your educational plan through the Virtual Support Center. Returning students must be admitted to the college in order to obtain counseling referral. Apply at www.pasadena.edu/apply
- Program Maps are available to assist you with choosing classes based on your major.
- Unsure about major?
- Completed Comprehensive Ed Plan before, access in LancerPoint.
Please visit What to Expect After Applying for Graduation for additional information.
PCC offers two types of fully online classes:
- Fully online asynchronous
- Asynchronous means that your online class is pre-recorded. You do not log in at a specific time. Instead, you will access class material on Canvas and complete assignments within a specific timeframe as specified by your instructor.
- Fully online synchronous
- Synchronous means "live". You will log in at a specific time to take the course.
You can learn more about how a course is being offered by checking the class schedule. Please note: your online schedule says, “TBA” for all classes that are “asynchronous”.
Need a laptop? Laptops are available to borrow from the PCC Library. You can visit the library during their open hours to check one out!
You can visit us in-person or purchase books online.
- You can purchase your textbooks online and pick them up at the Bookstore service windows or you can have them shipped to you
- Financial aid vouchers for Lancer Aid, EOPS, NextUp, Stars, CARE, Veterans, Department of Rehabilitation) will be available for online order payment. If you have been awarded a voucher, you will receive an email from Financial Aid with information on how to access.
- If you cannot shop online, purchase or rent books at the entrance to the Textbook floor of the Bookstore (second floor).
- If you may visit the Bookstore to purchase school supplies/art supplies.
Visit the Bookstore's website for store hours and up-to-date information
You can get your LancerCard ID in the Pathways Center, V-100 or at the Foothill Campus.
Before the First Day of Class
- Most classes have waitlists in order to provide students with a chance to get a seat in a class if a student registered in the course drops it.
- If you are on the waitlist and are offered a seat in the class by a system email, you have 48 hours to register for the class before it the notification expires. An email will be sent to your go.pasadena.edu account informing you if a seat has become available. Please check this email often.
- All waitlist notifications expire the day before the class begins.
- If the professor for the course provides you with an add code it will not work until the first meeting day of the course. This add code expires on the last day to add/drop the course (the day before the Census date). Click on the CRN of the course in the schedule of classes for important dates.
After the First Day of ClassWaitlists for closed classes expire on the day before the class begins. Due to COVID restrictions, classes must not go over their maximum registration. If a class you are interested in is full, please complete our online form.
For more information, read our how-to guide on "how to crash a course".
The deadline for dropping a class without a W is listed in the Schedule of Classes. It can be found by clicking on the 5-digit CRN. Be sure to click on the CRN for each course in the schedule of classes to determine the last day to drop without a W and/or receive a refund, as it may be different for each course.
If you’re not sure if you should drop, sign into the Virtual Support Center to get connected with a counselor and discuss your class options.
You will only see a course in Canvas 7 days before the class starts. If it is within 7 days of the class start day, one of the following reasons may be why you can’t the course in Canvas:
- You may not actually be enrolled in the course (may just be on the waitlist). Waitlisted students cannot access a class until they actually add the class.
It may be that the instructor has not published the course in Canvas yet. You will not be able to access the actual course in Canvas if the instructor has not Published the course. Contact the Instructor of the course via email. Email addresses can be found in the PCC Directory.