The UC Irvine Community College Honors Research Conference is held annually each spring at the University of California, Irvine. At the conference, selected students from community college honors programs get the opportunity to showcase the results of a research project of their choosing.
In addition to having the opportunity to share your research in a professional setting, there are many other benefits to presenting at this conference, including:
- Having a publication on your academic CV will boost your chances of being accepted to a four-year university, as well as help you get into other undergraduate research programs once you transfer.
- Improve your public speaking skills.
- Be eligible to compete for award and scholarship monies ranging from $75-$1,000.
- Be eligible to compete for a UCI Research Fellowship (if you’re planning on transferring to UCI)
- The opportunity to have your work published in the Building Bridges conference anthology following the conference.
The annual UC Irvine Community College Honors Student Research Conference held annually in Spring. For more on applying to the conference, visit the conference website or regularly check Canvas for announcements.