Attend PCC While You're Still in High School!
Fast track is a program especially for students who are still in high school who want to get ahead in their education at PCC. You will follow a structured educational schedule by taking classes both at your high school and at PCC, which will speed up your process of transferring from PCC and obtaining college credit.
- Financial savings through taking courses at PCC
- Free enrollment fees
- Continuing registration status once you enroll full time at PCC
- Scholarship opportunities
- Participation in university-sponsored events
The Fast Track Program
As a Fast Track student, you will enroll in courses that focus on satisfying general education requirements for the University of California and California State University. Many of these courses will also satisfy the general education requirements at independent colleges and universities.
General Education courses (also called GE or General Ed) are courses all students must complete. General Education courses must be satisfied over several disciplines (a discipline is an academic program). These disciplines include:
- Written Communication and Critical Thinking
- Mathematical Concepts & Quantitative Reasoning
- Arts and Humanities
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Physical and Biological Sciences
- Language other than English (UC Requirement only)
- Proficiency equivalent to two years of high school study in the same language. Copy of high school transcripts must be submitted for IGETC Certification.
- United States History, Constitution, and American Ideals (CSU & AA Requirement Only)
- Oral Communication (CSU Requirement Only)
- Health Education (AA only)
Upon graduation from high school, you will enroll full time at PCC to complete remaining lower division requirements (Lower Division courses, also referred to as major preparation courses, satisfy the requirements for the major for which the student plans to earn the bachelor’s degree) and transfer to a baccalaureate granting institution at junior standing. In the Fast Track program, most students will usually enroll in these courses after completing general education requirements and prior to transferring to a four-year institution. Your Fast Track counselor will identify develop an educational plan for you that will include these requirements
Fast Track Eligibility
You are eligible for Fast Track if you:
- are a High School sophomore
- have a minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- are for English 100 or English 33B
- have completed first year algebra with a minimum grade of a B
Get Started in Fast Track
To participate in the Fast Track program, you must first complete all the steps to apply and enroll at PCC as a high school student. After you have completed all the steps and all your materials have been submitted to admissions, the Fast Track staff will confirm processing of your application and contact you regarding an appointment with the Fast Track counselor.