The PCC Library is committed to providing quality services and resources for Pasadena City College's diverse community and residents of the Pasadena Area Community College District.
The librarians and library staff strive to:
- Provide access to quality resources that support the academic curriculum, College Mission and the Educational Master Plan.
- Provide services and instructional programs that promote the use of information resources, technology and library facilities for all users.
- Deliver prompt, unbiased, and knowledgeable research assistance in accordance with American Library Association guidelines.
- Encourage and facilitate information competency, critical thinking, and lifelong learning skills following standards outlined by the Association of College and Research Libraries.
- Explore innovative information technologies that support teaching and learning.
- Support the college and the curriculum with professionally qualified librarians and skilled technical staff according to state recommendations.
- Administer fair, equitable and objective policies and procedures.
- Preserve archival materials that relate to the College’s history.
- Provide a comfortable, safe and accessible learning environment for all library users.