Conference Travel Requests
Effective July 1, 2021, the Academic Senate Conference Travel (ASFCT) funding requests for Professional Development Funding require the following steps.
Please read all the steps below.
- Traveler must first submit a Request for AS Conference Travel Funding:
Request AS Conference Travel Funding
- After receiving Faculty Development Committee approval, traveler submits a Chrome
River Pre-Approval Request:
Submit a Chrome River Pre-Approval Request
- Full-time and adjunct faculty members may apply for conference registration and/or travel from the Academic Senate Faculty Conference Travel (ASFCT) Fund through Professional Development Allocation: D 100000 116000 6750 ACDO as your funding source. (See Introduction below)
- Academic Senate contact: Judy B. at firstname.lastname@example.org/Ext. 7211.
- Chrome River contact: Marine D. at email@example.com/Ext. 7859
- Request for AS Conference Travel Funding
- Chrome River Pre-Approval & Expense Reports
- Academic Senate Conference Sharing-out Report
- Fiscal Services Chrome River Access Link
- Full Chrome River Procedures
- Chrome River Quick Training Guide
- Mileage Reimbursement
Effective 8/23/2021 through 12/31/2021
Instructors teaching in-person or non-instructional faculty serving on campus 4 days per week may apply for travel and/or virtual conference funding.
Instructors teaching on-line only may only apply for virtual conference funding.
Any questions may be forwarded to Candace D. Jones, Interim Assistant Supt., CBO / VP, Business & Admin Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full-time and adjunct faculty members may apply for conference registration and/or travel from the Academic Senate Faculty Conference Travel (ASFCT) Fund through Professional Development Allocation: D 100000 116000 6750 ACDO as your funding source.
- ASFCT funding has been designated for conferences which pertain to courses you are assigned to teach, not general travel, tours or courses. Annual organization membership cannot be covered by these travel funds.
- A maximum of $25,000 in funding is expected to be approved for each of the following
periods: July 1-October 31; November 1-Feb. 28; March 1-June 30. Any funds left over
at the end of each period will be added to the $25,000 allotted for the next period.
Funds that are left over as of June 30 cannot roll over to the next fiscal year.
Faculty members may request funding for more than one conference per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30), but the total amount requested each fiscal year may not exceed $1500.
- Funds will be allotted on a first come, first served basis. Once the ASFCT Fund is depleted, applications will not be accepted until the next fiscal year.
- Deans may be asked to prioritize travel requests for their area.
- The Request for Academic Senate Travel Conference Funding includes a required share-out plan describing when and how expertise gained during the conference will be shared within the PCC community. Requests will not be approved without a share-out plan.
- Chrome River Pre-Approval Requests are to be submitted no less than 10 business days prior to travel. Applications for funding will not be accepted after a conference has taken place. Incomplete applications will not be considered and will be returned to the faculty member.
- Requests that exceed $1500 must designate an additional PCC account to cover expenses beyond $1500.
- Only expenses to be funded by the District should be entered in Chrome River.
When submitting reports, please keep the following points in mind: The most updated Board approved travel policies -- especially AP 7420 Employee Travel and BP 2735 Board Member Travel -- describe allowable and non-allowable expenses. All travel documents are subject to audit by external auditors. Conference travel reimbursement should not be confused with Personal/Professional Growth reimbursement. Conference travel cannot include any individual memberships for associations. All memberships must be for institutional purposes and must be Board approved.
Chrome River Expense Applications for Professional Development funded travel are due two weeks after travel completion.
- The purchase of alcoholic beverages will not be reimbursed.
- Rental car costs are not allowed unless approved in advance by the Area Vice President.
- Lodging will not be funded for trips to locations 50 miles or less from PCC or the traveler's primary residence, whichever is closer.
- Share-out of expertise gained from the conference must be completed within 3 academic calendar months of the conference.
- A Sharing-Out Report must be submitted within 2 weeks of the share-out. The report may be archived on the Professional Learning website for public viewing.
- Faculty members who do not implement and report on their share-out plan will not be eligible for conference travel funds in the following academic year.
All reimbursements must follow the guidelines established by Administrative Procedure 7400 PROFESSIONAL CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE.