There are no prerequisities for the Dental Laboratory Technology Program. To be eligible for entrance, you simply must meet the following requirements
- Graduated from a U.S. accredited high school, GED, or the equivalent with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Satisfactory scores on Manual Dexterity and Hand/Eye Coordination Exams that are given by appointment with the Restorative Dental Technology Admissions Coordinator. Please call (626) 585-7200 to schedule an appointment. If you meet the above requirements, you are welcome to begin the application process!
Applicants to the Dental Laboratory Technology (Restorative Dental Technology beginning Fall 2017) Program will receive written notification of their acceptance status as well as information regarding the next steps in the process within one week of application. Placement on the alternate list will guarantee acceptance for the following year. Enrollment is determined by the applicant pool and is competitive.
The Restorative Dental Technology Selection Committee will prioritize applications based on the following criteria:
- First priority will be given to students who have fully completed and submitted all parts as noted in the Application steps.
- Second priority will be based on performance of the Manual Dexterity and Hand/Eye Coordination Examinations.
- Third priority will be based on the date that your application was submitted.
The Department of Restorative Dentistry accepts applications to its Certificate Program in Dental Laboratory Technology on a year round basis. Admission is for the fall semester. Applicants are encouraged to follow the steps below for successful application:
How to Apply
To apply to the Dental Laboratory Technology (Restorative Dental Technology beginning Fall 2017) you need to submit a complete application packet which includes:
2 Schedule your manual dexterity and hand and eye coordination exam
This exam is administered by appointment only with the Restorative Dental Technology Admissions Coordinator. You can schedule your appointment by calling (626) 585-7200.
3 Submit Your Application Packet
Submit your completed application packet, on the day of dexterity examinination. Or, you can submit it before your exam by mailing it or deliver it in person to the Health Sciences office on the main PCC campus. No copies or faxed applications will be accepted.
Pasadena City College
Restorative Dental Program
Health Sciences Division W-204
1570 East Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91106
Applicants to the Dental Laboratory Technology (Restorative Dental Technology beginning Fall 2017) will receive written notification of their acceptance status as well as information regarding the next steps in the process within one week of application. Placement on the alternate list will guarantee acceptance for the following year.
Upon acceptance to the program, you are required to:
- Regular attendance is mandatory. Dismissal will result if absences exceed College policy.
If you are a student with foreign transcripts, you must have your transcripts evaluated by one of the following three companies before applying:
International Research Foundation (IERF)
(310)-258-9451 | www.ierf.org
Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute (ACEI)
(310)-275-3530 | www.aceil.com
American Education Research Center (AERC)
(626)-339-4404 | www.aerc-eval.com