If you need immediate emergency care, first call 911 and the Campus Police to get help from an ambulance, fire department, or police department.

Report all work-related injuries to your supervisor and Company Nurse, a medical triage service provided by PCC to assist injured workers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

  1. You or your supervisor must call Company Nurse at 1 (855) 339-1897 before seeking treatment (unless the injury is life or limb-threatening).
  2. Company Nurse will ask for the employer’s name - Pasadena Area Community College District
  3. Company Nurse will ask for PCC’s Search Code – PACCD
  4. Company Nurse will gather information about you, your injury, and how it occurred.
  5. Company Nurse will access the appropriate medical treatment needed.
  6. Company Nurse will inform Risk Management Services of the incident.
  7. Risk Management Services will follow up with you to complete your worker's compensation claim and address your leave needs.

An industrial injury is any work-related injury, illness, or disease resulting arising out of employment and occurring during the course of employment for the District.

Types of Injuries and Illnesses

Specific Incident. A single injury to one or more body parts results from a specific incident. Examples are injuries resulting from a slip and fall, a broken glass beaker, or lifting a heavy object.

Cumulative Injury. An injury resulting from repetitive traumatic activities over a period of time. Examples are loss of hearing from loud work-related noises or overuse syndrome from repetitive keyboard use.

Occupational Disease. Diseases that result over time are directly related to a person’s work environment, such as conditions resulting from an employee’s long-term exposure to asbestos.

Aggravation of a Pre-Existing Condition. If employment aggravates a pre-existing condition, the employer could be liable for proportion due to the aggravation.

PCC’s preferred medical providers are:

Exer Urgent Care
3160 E Del Mar Blvd #110
Pasadena, CA 91107

St. George Medical Clinic
1750 E Colorado Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91106

Congress Medial Association
800 S Raymond Ave
Pasadena, CA 91105

A company nurse will direct the injured worker to the appropriate treatment facility.

If you have a Pre-designated Physician Form on file with PCC Risk Management Services, you may go to your doctor. If not, Company Nurse will refer you to one of PCC’s preferred medical providers.

No. PCC will be billed directly for the treatment and medication prescribed resulting from a work-related injury.

If you receive a billing statement, mail it to:

Pasadena City College
Risk Management Services
1570 E Colorado Blvd, C221A
Pasadena, CA 91106

Worker’s compensation is a benefit designed to provide workers with medical treatment needed to recover from work-related injury or illness, partially replace wages lost while the worker recovers, and help to return to work. Worker’s compensation benefits do not include damages for pain and suffering or punitive damages.

All California employers, public or private, are required by law to secure worker’s compensation insurance. Worker's compensation is the exclusive remedy in California.

PCC employees, including full-time, part-time, hourly, and student workers, are covered by its worker’s compensation program.

Workplace injuries and claims are to be reported to Risk Management Services by the injured employee or Company Nurse. Risk Management will then prepare a Workers’ Compensation Claim Form (DWC1) for the employee to review and sign. The claim will be sent to Keenan & Associates and claims adjuster will contact the employee with further information and instructions.