How to Apply
Application cycle is November 28 - February 15.
To All Applicants:
As a requirement to access the clinical affiliate sites which are a required part of the curriculum, all students must show proof of completion of an approved Covid-19 Vaccination series.
Although students might be eligible to obtain an exemption to participate in activities on campus, our clinical affiliate sites do not afford trainees this option for the safety and protection of their patients and staff.
We accept applicants one time a year to start the program during the summer session. Application forms are only available online from November 28 - February 15.
How to Apply
Requirements for Admission:
ALL applicants are required to have the following:
- Graduation from an accredited United States high school or equivalent.
- Completion of required general education coursework to be eligible to obtain an Associate's degree upon completion of the Anesthesia Technology Program, if no previous degree has been awarded. Information about the general education coursework needed for the AA or AS degree is available on the website: https://pasadena.edu/academics/degrees-and-certificates/aa-degrees/degree-requirements.php
- Current CPR/Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification from the American Heart Association. Other types of CPR certification will not be accepted (example: Red Cross certification).
- Completion of application for admission into the Anesthesia Technology Program.
- Submission of a Statement of Purpose. In two pages, double-spaced, size 12 point font (Times New Roman), please write about the following in your own words (no AI generated content will be accepted):
- Describe the role of the anesthesia technologist, indicating if you have shadowed an anesthesia technician or technologist, what you saw and the operating room experience you had.
- Please note the reason you wish to pursue this healthcare field and detail any clinical experience you bring with you.
Eligible applicants will be randomly selected following all State and Federal Laws.
High School courses in biology, anatomy/physiology, and chemistry with a laboratory.
Application, transcripts, and the Personal Statement are to be submitted online during the application period. Transcripts must be official for submission with the application. A copy of a high school diploma will not be accepted in place of transcripts.
All applicants should request one (1) official transcript from each college (including Pasadena City College) and high school they have attended. Applicants will open, scan and save the transcripts as a PDF file to upload to the online application. Once you have opened the official transcripts, you will now have a set of transcripts for your personal records. All applicants are required to upload a set of official transcripts from each college (including high school) attended with your online application. A copy of the high school diploma will not be accepted in place of the transcript.
Follow these basic directions for scanning documents to your online application:
- Open and scan the official transcripts using a device such as a printer or scanner
- Follow the scanner manufacturer’s directions to scan each document to your computer or USB drive.
- Select the PDF file format option before scanning. Only PDF files of your transcripts and other supporting documents will be accepted. Formats such as JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIF, screenshot, word documents, etc. will not be accepted for the application process.
- Save your PDF document to a folder in a location on your computer or removable drive that you can easily access (Desktop or Documents folder is suggested)
Note: Students who do not have access to a personal scanner may choose to use a commercial copying center to have their required documents scanned and made into PDFs that then may be uploaded as part of your application.
Follow these basic directions for uploading documents to your online application:
- When prompted on the application to upload your documents marked “Drop files here or Select Files” click on this button
- Find the PDF files you want to upload from your computer or flash drive.
- Select the file by double clicking on it (tap twice)
- Your file will be uploaded
Applicants with Foreign Transcripts
If you have foreign transcripts, you must have your transcripts evaluated by one of the following three companies prior to applying:
International Education Research Foundation
www.ierf.org | (310) 258 – 9451
Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute
www.acei1.com | (310) 275 – 3530
American Education Research Center
(626 ) 339 – 4404