Program Requirements & Selection Criteria
Requirements for Admission:
ALL applicants are required to have the following:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent.
- Completion of required general education coursework to be eligible to obtain an Associate's degree upon completion of the Anesthesia Technology Program, if no previous degree has been awarded.
- Current CPR/Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification from the American Heart Association.
- Completion of application for admission into the Anesthesia Technology Program.
- Submission of a Statement of Purpose.
Eligible applicants will be randomly selected following all State and Federal Laws.
Questions regarding course equivalency for coursework taken at colleges other than Pasadena City College should be directed to the Counseling Office. The Counseling Office can be reached at https://pasadena.edu/academics/support/counseling/index.php
Anesthesia Technologist students must have the ability to communicate safely, accurately, and effectively in both written and spoken English.
Upon selection to the AT program you are required to complete:
- A health clearance.
- Maintain a valid American Heart Association CPR card.
- A two-step TB test
- Covid vaccination is required
- A complete a criminal background check is required to be able to attend clinical experiences. We will provide you details regarding these clearances in the acceptance packet upon selection. If you have questions or concerns about the background check are encouraged to make an appointment to discuss these concerns with the Anesthesia Technologist Program Director.