Application Periods & Deadlines
The online application for the Perioperative Nursing course will be available during the application cycle. It is important to read through all information prior to applying.
March 20 - April 10: applicants who apply during this application cycle will begin the course in the summer intersession, if selected.
Summer 2023 Lecture Schedule:
Summer 2023 Clinical Schedule:
Lecture and Clinical schedules will be posted when available.
How to Register for the Perioperative Nursing Course
Prospective students must have evidence of completing the nursing courses for the Advanced Medical-Surgical Nursing and Advanced Medical-Surgical Lab offered in the Registered Nursing Program or hold a valid nursing license.
Follow these basic directions for scanning documents to your online application:
- Open the sealed official college transcript(s) that you will be uploading to your perioperative nurse application. Your opened transcripts are now copies for your personal records. If your official transcripts were sent to you as PDF files, you may upload the PDF file directly to the online application.
- Scan the official transcripts using a device such as a printer or scanner
- Follow the scanner manufacturer's directions to scan each document to your computer or USB drive
- Select the PDF file format option before scanning. Only PDF files of your transcripts and other supporting documents will be accepted. Formats such as JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIF, screenshot, word documents, etc. will not be accepted for the application process.
- Save your PDF document to a folder in a location on your computer or removable drive that you can easily access (Desktop or Documents folder is suggested)
NOTE: Students who do not have access to a personal scanner may choose to use a commercial copying center to have their required documents scanned and made into PDFs that then may be uploaded as part of your application.
Follow these basic directions for uploading documents to your online application:
- When prompted on the application to upload your documents marked "Drop Files here or Select Files" click on this button
- Find the PDF files you want to upload from your computer or flash drive
- Select the file by double clicking on it (tap twice)
- Your file will be uploaded
Applicants will be selected on a first-come first-served basis for a conditional seat in the course will be contacted via email to return (as a completed packet) the documents listed below. These items must be scanned and saved as PDF files. Formats such as JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIF, screenshot, word documents, etc. will not be accepted. An email address will be provided to send the packet of completed documents.
- American Heart Association CPR/Basic Life Support card. Must show an expiration date. Label the PDF file "CPR". Other types of CPR will not be accepted (example: Red Cross) https://cpr.heart.org/en
- Proof of a completed Background check
- Copy of the completed Health Sciences Perioperative Nurse Health Requirements form. Label the PDF file as "Health Requirements".
Keep copies of all your documents for your own personal records. The Health Sciences Division cannot make copies for you.
Applicants who complete Step 1 will be selected selected on a first-come first-served basis for a conditional seat in the course. Applicants who are selected will be sent an email with the necessary forms and documents that must be completed by a deadline date. Candidates who complete the required documents by the deadline will be given permission to register for the course. Failure to complete the required documentation means you will not be able to register for the course.
All applicants will be notified of their status prior to the start of the class by email. Additionally, non-selected applicants will be notified when the class is full.