Application Periods & Deadlines
Applications are only available during our application period. We only accept applications
filled out and submitted online during the following times:
- April 1 - April 15: Admission to the program will begin with the first courses in the Fall semester.
- August 1 - August 15: Admission to the program will begin with the first courses in the Spring semester.
All materials must be received by the deadline date. Applications, transcripts and
other supporting documents are not accepted late.
Registered Nursing Application
To All Applicants:
As a requirement to access the clinical affiliate sites which are a required part
of the curriculum, all students must show proof of completion of an approved Covid-19
Although students might be eligible to obtain an exemption to participate in activities
on campus, our clinical affiliate sites do not afford trainees this option for the
safety and protection of their patients and staff.
General Admission Information
Before applying to the Registered Nursing Program, please review the following admission
requirements and recommendations.
For the online Registered Nursing Application:
Follow these basic directions for scanning documents to your online application:
- Open your official transcripts that you will be uploading to the nursing application
Scan the official transcripts using a device such as a printer or scanner
Follow the scanner manufacturer's directions to scan each document to your computer
or USB drive
Select the PDF file format option before scanning. Only PDF files of your transcripts
and other supporting documents will be accepted. Formats such as JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIF,
screenshot, word documents, etc. will not be accepted for the application process.
Save your PDF document to a folder in a location on your computer or removable drive
that you can easily access (Desktop or Documents folder is suggested)
NOTE: Students who do not have access to a personal scanner may choose to use a commercial
copying center to have their required documents scanned and made into PDFs that then
may be uploaded as part of your application.
Follow these basic directions for uploading documents to your online application:
When prompted on the application to upload your documents marked "Drop Files here
or Select Files" click on this button
Find the PDF files you want to upload from your computer or flash drive
Select the file by double clicking on it (tap twice)
Your file will be uploaded.
- English, Anatomy, Physiology, Chemistry, and Microbiology must be completed with a
minimum 2.5 GPA before you can apply to the RN program. We strongly recommend that
you complete all non-nursing courses prior to beginning the RN program. The program
is very rigorous and students will generally not be able to manage additional classes
or work during the semesters they are in the program. View Prerequisites.
Note: Online lab courses will be accepted. Pass/Fail grades for lab courses will be
accepted for the Spring 2020 semester only.
- Questions regarding course equivalency for coursework taken at colleges other than
Pasadena City College should be directed to the Counseling Office. The Counseling
Office can be reached at https://pasadena.edu/academics/support/counseling/index.php
- We prefer that basic science courses: chemistry, microbiology, anatomy, and physiology
are completed within the past five years with a grade of “C” or higher. Science courses
must be 4 semester units or more with a documented lab component. The BRN requires
a C or better in all BRN coursework in order to be considered for licensure.
- A Social Security number is required to be admitted to the program because most clinical
sites require students' social security numbers to meet federal requirements for use
of Electronic Medical Records.
- Covid 19 vaccination and current influenza vaccine (flu shot) are required for admission
to the program. Access to the annual flu vaccine is limited to the fall of each year.
All clinical sites require yearly proof of vaccination. As a requirement to access
the clinical affiliate sites which are a required part of the curriculum, all students
must show proof of completion of an approved Covid-19 vaccination series. Additionally,
to register for in-person classes beginning with Fall 2022, all students must submit
proof of a Covid-19 vaccination. Although students might be eligible to obtain an
exception to participate in activities on campus, our clinical affiliate sites do
not afford trainees this option for the safety and protection of their patients and
- Late submission of application, transcripts, or other supporting documents is not
- Submission of an application does not guarantee acceptance.
Selection to the program is based on the following criteria:
- GPA in English Reading and Composition, Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, College Chemistry,
Microbiology, (minimum GPA 2.5).
- Approved Diagnostic Assessment Tool TEAS score (minimum score 62). Students who apply
that have met all other admissions criteria and do not meet the established TEAS eligibility
criteria will be given the option to participate in a TEAS remediation plan. After
successful completion, students are eligible to retake the TEAS exam and reapply for
entry into the nursing program. If the remediation plan is not complete by the deadline,
the student is encouraged not to retake the TEAS exam or re-apply to the program.
- Completion of relevant course work with C or better: Introductory Sociology, Human
Nutrition, Statistics, Psychology (Introduction or Lifespan), Speech Fundamentals
(Public Speaking or Interpersonal Communication), and Critical Thinking
- BA/BS/MA/MS/ Degree - points will be given for a bachelor's or master's degree if
the degree is posted to official college transcripts. If you have both a bachelor's
and master's degree, only one set of points will be awarded.
- Relevant healthcare certificates, veteran status
- Life experiences or special circumstances of an applicant (3 points awarded to all
Applicant may have one or more special circumstances, but the maximum points awarded
to each applicant. Documentation not required.
- Proficiency reading, writing and speaking or college level coursework in languages
other than English
See the full Selection Criteria Here
How to Apply
1 Apply for admission to PCC
If you are not currently enrolled at PCC, you need to apply for admission to the college,
in addition to applying to the Registered Nursing Program. Please note: Acceptance
to the college is not an acceptance into the nursing program. College admission is
necessary and allows you to obtain a PCC ID number.
Apply now to PCC .
2 Complete Your Application Packet
To apply to the Registered Nursing Program, you need to submit an online application
- A completed Registered Nursing program application.
- If you need help calculating your prerequisite gpa, you may use https://gpacalculator.net/college-gpa-calculator/
- All applicants should submit a PDF copy of official transcripts from any college attended
outside of Pasadena City College. All applicants are required to upload a copy of
official transcripts from each college (including Advanced Placement transcript scores)
attended with your online application. Official transcripts may be requested throughout
the process for verification or upon admission to the program. Verification of any
advanced degrees you have earned must be posted to your transcripts.
- If you have foreign transcripts, please read our information on how to have your transcripts
- Attach a copy of your TEAS transcript saved as a PDF file with an Adjusted Individual
Total score of 62 or higher to your online program application. Label this PDF file
"TEAS Transcript". In addition, request ATI send your TEAS results to PCC. It will
be sent electronically from ATI to PCC.
- Documentation of all applicable criteria for awarding points. All documents uploaded
to your application must be saved in PDF format.
Incomplete applications will not be considered in the selection process.
We will notify applicants to the Registered Nursing Program by email approximately
8 weeks after the close of the application period.
Upon acceptance to the program, you will be required to:
- Complete a Health Clearance, all required immunizations and titers. A clear drug screen
is required each semester of the nursing program. Forms will be provided. We strongly
suggest using the PCC Student Health Center as they are familiar with all health requirements.
You must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. As a requirement to access the clinical
affiliate sites which are a required part of the curriculum, all students must show
proof of completion of an approved Covid-19 vaccination series. Although students
might be able eligible to obtain an exemption to participate in activities on campus,
our clinical affiliate sites do not afford trainees this option for the safety and
protection of their patients and staff.
- Complete an annual background check to attend clinical experiences. Hospitals require
unencumbered background check documentation. If you have questions or concerns about
the background check, we encourage you to make an appointment to discuss these concerns
with the nursing program director. You can also view some of the issues on the BRN
website at www.rn.ca.gov.
- All official transcripts must be submitted to the Pasadena City College Office of
Admissions and Records upon acceptance to the program. Do not send Admissions and
Records your PCC transcripts as they are already on file. Electronic transcripts
are accepted when sent from school to school.
Provide Your Transcripts to PCC Admissions & Records Office.
It is your responsibility to request the transcripts from the schools you have attended
and ask that they be sent directly to the PCC Admissions & Records office. All transcripts
from other schools must be official.
You can have transcripts sent in one of the following ways:
1. By Mail
Ask your school to mail an official transcript to us at:
Pasadena City College
Admissions & Records Office L-113
1570 E. Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena CA 91106-2003
2. Electronically (PDF Only)
An official transcript can be emailed in the following ways:
1. Emailed from the third party vendor, Credentials Inc., Parchment, National Student
2. Emailed from a school or 3rd party vendor not listed above to email@example.com
3. Note that an emailed transcript from you, the student, will not be accepted by
the Admissions & Records Office.
If you are a student with foreign transcripts, you must have your transcripts evaluated
by one of the following three companies before applying. A detailed/comprehensive
report with the breakdown of upper and lower division courses is required. Credit
from foreign schools can only be recognized for math, humanities, and the physical
International Research Foundation (IERF)
(310)-258-9451 | www.ierf.org
Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute (ACEI)
(310)-275-3530 | https://www.acei-global.org
American Education Research Center (AERC)
(626)-339-4404 | www.aerc-eval.com