Under 18 Years Old
Below, you will find descriptions of requirements for students under 18 and links to the documents that fulfill these requirements.
Important Note: PCC does not have a high school completion program. All students must be at least 16 years old by the start of classes and have graduated high school by the start of check-in.
Applicants under the age of 18 must submit:
High School Graduation Requirement
- Verification of high school graduation is required. School records in foreign languages must include a notarized (legally documented) English translation. Minimum 2.0 GPA required for admission.
- If unable to provide a copy of the high school diploma/certificate by the application deadline, you may submit a letter from the school headmaster stating you will have completed and passed all coursework for high school graduation by the check-in date. In addition, you will need to submit an original or certified English translation of your transcripts from secondary school or high school.
- O Levels/ IGCSEs/ GCSEs
- Students who wish to enter Pasadena City College by completing O levels must pass five of the exams with grades of C or better. We will not accept provisional results
- A Levels
- Students who wish to enter Pasadena City College by completing A levels must pass three exams with grades of C or better. We will not accept provisional results.
- Applicants under 16 that have graduated high school MUST wait until they have reached the minimum age to apply.
Assigned Guardian Consent Form
- Pasadena City College’s International Student Center requires that students who are under the age of 18 have a guardian over the age of 21 living in a 75 mile radius of Pasadena City College. In the event of a personal emergency, accident, illness or incarceration, the State of California will require the signature of a guardian before offering assistance such as hospitalization or legal counsel. Pasadena City College is not permitted to act in place of the parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 18, you are required to have your parent submit a signed and completed Assigned Guardian Statement Form, informing Pasadena City College’s International Student Center who will be assigned as your guardian. The U.S. guardian must sign the form and submit a copy of their CA driver’s license/identification.
- Assigned Guardian Statement Form
Minor Health Consent Form
- If you are an applicant under the age of 18, you must submit a Minor Health Consent Form. This form is only valid if signed by your Parent or Guardian.
- Minor Health Consent Form