On-campus employment is a great way for students to understand their new learning environment and gain practical skills for transfer and academic success.
Working on Campus
Getting an on-campus job is an excellent way to get to know PCC! To get approval for on-campus employment:
- Be currently enrolled in 12 or more units at PCC and maintain 12 units throughout the entire semester
- You can work on-campus for a maximum 20 hours per week during Fall and Spring semesters. During Summer sessions, you may work up to 40 hours per week as this is considered a vacation term.
To get started on your on campus employment, follow these steps:
Find a department that would hire you and obtain a job offer letter from them
Submit copy of your job offer letter and a Letter Request to ISC. A Social Security Verification Letter will be issued to you
After receiving a social security number (in the mail), complete and submit appropriate paperwork to our Human Resources department. You should have received an email from Human Resources with detailed forms and documents to return. If you have not, reach out to your hiring department to follow-up
Tips on Finding Jobs on Campus
Here are some tips you can follow when searching for jobs on campus:
- Prepare a resume and present it to the departments when you are searching for a job.
If you need help on how to create a resume, make an appointment with a career staff
member at the PCC Freeman Center for Career and Completion
- Visit departments on campus directly and ask if they are hiring for hourly student workers. Some dpeartments where international students have worked in the past include the
Success Centers, Campus Bookstore, Pathways First Year Experience (FYE) Center, International
Student Center, Science Village, Pathways JAM, PCC Police Department, Lancer Pantry,
and the Shatford Library
- Check the International Student Center's Newsletter, Lancer Letter, for job postings
on campus. Not receiving our newsletter? Subscribe for Lancer Letter here
- Check PCC's Human Resources regularly for hourly positions