Updated: September 20, 2023
Fall 2023 Semester
Pasadena City College offers free and optional COVID-19 testing for all students and employees.
Starting Fall 2023 semester, there will no longer be on-campus testing. Instead, all current students and employees may pick up a Covid test kit to take home with them. Please see below for more details.
Testing Options & Resources
|Campus||Student/Employees||Days||Time||Location (view map)|
|Main Campus||Students Only||Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Student Health Services, D-105|
8:00 am - 7:00 pm
8:00 am - 12:30 pm
|Main Campus||Students Only||Monday - Thursday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
|Office of Student Life, Room CC-105|
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Main Campus||Employees Only||Monday - Friday||8:30 am - 4:30 pm||Human Resources Office, Room C-204|
|CEC Campus||Students and Employees||Monday - Thursday
||8:00 am - 7:30 pm
||Administration Office, Room CEC-102|
|Friday||8:00 am - 4:30 pm|
|NW Campus||Students and Employees||Monday - Friday||10:00 am - 3:30 pm||Room D-118|
- Go to any one of our Covid test pick up locations
- If you are displaying any symptoms, you must wear a mask
- Check in with your name, and your lancerpoint ID or photo ID
- The Covid support staff will give you your test kit, and that's it!
How to Pick Up a Pack of Masks?
- Go to any Covid test pick up locations
- And just ask! The Covid support staff will gladly give you a pack of masks
- There is no ID check required for masks
Please contact CovidSupport@pasadena.edu, or call 626-585-7348 for any questions or inquiries.
- Students and Employees are limited to pick up one test kit per month. Each kit contains 4 tests.
- If you lose your test kit, or you require additional test kits, you are allowed up to three replacement per semester
- Students and Employees should not take their tests on campus. Folks should administer their tests at home or in a private off-campus location.
- Test kits are only available to current employees and students who are enrolled within the current academic year.
- Someone may not request a kit on behalf of someone else.
- Employees may request test kits for events, such as field trips, by emailing their request to CovidSupport@pasadena.edu. The request should include the event name, dates, number of tests requested, and contact information.
- If any additional kits are requested beyond someone's monthly limit, please contact CovidSupport@pasadena.edu
Covid Testing Tips
- To get the most accurate results, and not waste tests, it's important not to test too early if you don't have any symptoms.
- If you have been exposed, and you do not have symptoms, wait about 5 days from your exposure date before taking a test
- If you have been exposed and you do have symptoms, you should test immediately.
- Please See this link for Covid Test Pick-Up times and locations.
No, you will not be dropped from your classes, and arrangements must be made to maintain
your academic standing.
Students who test positive must go home, isolate themselves, and fill out a Covid Support Form. PCC's Covid Support Team will be in touch with isolation and/or quarantine instructions.
You are not required to test before going to your class. But if you have symptoms, please get tested and consider not coming to class until your symptoms resolve.
Unfortunately no, the test kit must go to the receiver who must be present with a photo ID.
Unfortunately no, all tests are exclusively for PCC students and employees. However, you can choose how you'd like to use the test kits that are allotted to you. We recommend that you stock up on test kits each month so you have them ready when needed.
No, you may not test visitors or restrict their entry to PCC campuses due to symptoms. You can request that they wear a mask, or you may mask yourself.
You are allowed to pick up three replacement test kits within a semester.
Yes, please contact Covidsupport@pasadena.edu and include details of your request including the name of the event, the dates, the number of tests requested, and the contact information of the lead chaperone.
When a positive case is identified, PCC's COVID Support Team will reach out to students and employees identified as close contacts with further instructions. Following these instructions will help us reduce the spread of this disease and manage the impacts of this pandemic. Please remember that COVID-19 status is confidential medical information and should not be shared with others.
You do not need to show proof of a negative test before entering a campus building, and your instructor should not ask you to show a negative Covid test to attend.
Yes, if you are well enough to work from home while you are positive, you may, with your supervisor's approval.
When a positive case is identified, PCC's COVID Support Team will contact any persons identified as close contacts with further instructions, or an in-person on-campus physical notification will be posted where a known Covid exposure is known to have occurred. All on-campus exposures are also available online at this link. Following these instructions will help us reduce the spread of this disease and manage the impacts of this pandemic. Please remember that COVID-19 status is confidential medical information and should not be shared with others.
All Covid-related absences should be entered as paid sick leave unless otherwise notified. Paid Sick Leave can be entered into your timecard by your supervisor. Any further inquiries can be directed to Barmey Ung in Human Resources at email@example.com,
Yes. You will be notified if one of your students tests positive and needs to be absent from class.
All classrooms are now equipped with OWL cameras. Please use these so the student may attend class remotely and maintain their academic standing.